• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TOR/SFG/CIN
:TOR: sends:
CF Garret Barnes 21 78 94 $26,000 Arb'22 (to SFG)
1B Christopher Carter 32 93 93 $14.9M 1 (to CIN)

:SFG: sends:
1B Thomas Neal 31 94 94 $17M 3 (to TOR)
1st round pick (#18 Overall acquired for COL) (to TOR)
6th round pick (#167 Overall) (to CIN)

:CIN: sends:
RF Ron Lents 19 69 85 $15,600 Arb'22 (to SFG)
2nd round pick (#52 Overall) (to SFG)
3rd round pick (#82 Overall) (to SFG)
SP Brian Matusz 83 83 $11M 2 (to SFG)

I haven't been able to find a place for Neal anywhere, so here I give him up to get the special player in Barnes. Barnes is one hell of a player who might turn out better in RF someday, and I flip carter to Cincy for 2 mid level picks and a good spec who could one day lead a platoon. I also cut $30M over the next 3 years by dealing Neal. Face it, the market is horrible. I'm getting a player like Barnes, cutting money and 2 mid level picks in this haul. Taking Matusz for two years is better than keeping Carter on my team because I don't believe anyone will give a first for Carter, and I needed a way to help sort out the money for JPS.
PR came to me with this. I add a former MVP who has a reasonable deal that I can pair in the middle of my lineup for the long-term with Anderson and Wilson. He's not a huge upgrade over Carter, but I know he's going to be here for awhile and he's an elite bat.

Losing Barnes hurts, but he's one of my value picks that I snagged in the third round. So basically I'm dealing that third rounder, getting the first rounder I would have gotten for Carter's compensation anyway, and add an MVP for the next three years.

Hell yeah I'll sign up for that.
accept. I get a major bat for this season that I can stick in RF and I have acquired more picks to compensate for the ones lost.
C'mon JPS you have no prospects and you coud've gotten him for way less this offseason. Now TOR benefits by essentially paying a 1st rounder and Barnes to upgrade to Neal plus two months of Chris' services...

EDIT: Scratch that Andy is getting a 1st back for his troubles. Here's a free Neal Toronto

Love, FCM not paying the fuck attention during the offseason.

(JPS not directing anger at you, I'm very very upset with everyone's approach since opening up DP trading, so please do not take this as directed strictly at you)
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
(04-30-2011, 05:53 PM)dejota Wrote: EDIT: Scratch that Andy is getting a 1st back for his troubles. Here's a free Neal Toronto

Barnes isn't quite free....:) but I understand your point. I'll be flexible with whatever the league decides quite frankly.
I'll approve.. cincy isnt really giving up too much here, plus he'll get a comp pick if he lets carter go
Approve I personally like the deal for CIN. If anything SFG is giving a bit too much.
Thank you Hokey and Stang. I will get a comp pick next year and I have eight draft picks for THIS year. That is where i start to rebuild the farm.
not that bad after i thought about what cincy is giving for carter, a nice bat.

approve.
I don't think anyone will be signing Carter to give up a 1st. If someone does then that's an interesting situation, but I like what I'm getting back after flipping carter. If anyone is giving too much, it's me, and I have enough resources for that not to be a bother, and I really didn't want to deal with Neal's contract and age once my team actually started getting on a roll.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »