• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agent Cut-Off Date?
Just a suggestion here, but it doesn't really seem fair to me that I'm about to lose my #3 starter on account of him rising from 89 to 91. This after waiting for a reply on McInnis for the past 4 days

Anyways, to try and propose this not happening in the future to other GMs, why not set a cutoff date to where after that date if a player rises above 90 overall you don't have to go through an agent? Say the middle of August. A date where past it, there is no way to have a meaningful negotiation with an agent.
Not a bad idea. it's very possible, all one has to do is select "all active players" in the sortable stats and copy to clipboard, past to a page, and just delete everyone under 90 overall. The major problem lies w/in figuring out the guys who are 88/93 and might pop afterwards, but I think there is a rule in there somewhere anyway where guys overall and peaks etc.
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
(04-16-2011, 04:38 PM)Cdawg Wrote: Not a bad idea. it's very possible, all one has to do is select "all active players" in the sortable stats and copy to clipboard, past to a page, and just delete everyone under 90 overall. The major problem lies w/in figuring out the guys who are 88/93 and might pop afterwards, but I think there is a rule in there somewhere anyway where guys overall and peaks etc.

Typically players who have not peaked yet are in arbitration anyways and exempt from agents.
i would not say exempt from agents, they just have team control. At any point under team control the teams can negotate with the agents.

In regards to your point, that is valid, Maybe we should consider 9/1 as the cutoff date? This would give 3 sims time before the resigning period.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »