• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stadium Loans
in order to promote new stadiums or perhaps "renovations" allowing the chance to take out a loan against the league and having to pay it back over a set number of years. In Outtahere it has allowed my lowly Indians to jump from 60M payroll to a 100M payroll in the 2 seasons the stadium has been opened and has allowed me to contend abit while paying for players.

The possibility for loans taking out from other GMs is also an idea. if I have 50M and Texas wants 50M to do something(they have to) They can take my money from me, with interest. Perhaps in any loan deal, if they debt isn't paid by the time and no new deal is made to ease the burden a bit of a penalty like a 1st round pick or something else idk.

W/ the correct formula it could work and again promote stadium growth.
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
I'd support league loans so long as the terms allow it to be paid back with in a certain number of years, preferably 5 or less. Tossing out some rule ideas:

Max of 7 year loans.
Payments must be made after the WS and before Opening Day of the following year.
If a payment is late or missed a one-time 10% interest will be imposed based on the total value of the initial loan and the note will be refinanced to help the GM make timely payments.
If a GM fails to make a 2nd payment they will be removed as GM of their team and the new GM will be responsible for 50% of the remaining balance.
Only 1 loan every 20 years.
Don't Be An Ass Rule applies to dimensions and seating capacity for your stadium. Any potential new stadiums are subject to admin approval.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
Not a bad idea. Although I'm wondering why you only want a team ot get a loan every 20 years? The only thing I can think of is because you could abuse it. As in, take out a lone build your stadium, pay back the lan farly quickly and then take out another loan which would be paid even quicker since you have a good stadium already.

If we do this we need to set parameters on how many seats the stadium can have. We don't want someone making a 100k seat stadium because they would be raking in the dough after their debt is paid.
I dont like the fact that a gam can be removed as we dont want to kick out gm's who dont know how to use the loan system. I think you should just cut their payroll and just ban them from signing above min contracts in FA.
Lose of picks as well. And I sorta like the lose of budget. you shouldn't be allowed to bloat your payroll to 150M on a 100M payroll and not expect to have consequences when you are paying a loan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sta...y_capacity according here, 56,000K is the largest ever recorded baseball game capacity. Dodgers stadium holds 56K fans and has an attendance of 57K so I don't think it's unreasonable to have a max capacity of 60K as a cap.
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
Just so we are clear, these loans would only be able to be used for stadium renovations right?

I don't like the idea of taking a loan to be able to afford a bigger payroll, but if the loans are for stadium reservations then I'm for it.
(04-12-2011, 06:59 PM)CoreyMetsGM Wrote: Just so we are clear, these loans would only be able to be used for stadium renovations right?

I don't like the idea of taking a loan to be able to afford a bigger payroll, but if the loans are for stadium reservations then I'm for it.

Well...it's stadium renovations to help facilitate a bigger payroll. But paying off the loan happens before the payroll is invested in players.

At least I assume some sort of stipulation like that would be necessary.
No the whole Idea is to not take out a loan so you can afford a bigger payroll. It's strictly only for stadium. Mostly for building a new stadium but I just wanted to say, there is no reason any team should be building a new stadium every 20 year maybe every 20 years for a small upgrade to something, but most teams don't get a brand new stadium 5 times a century. So maybe renovations every 20 years but building a new stadium once every 40 years or so.
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »