• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MidMo Mock Draft 2095
I have zero first round selections so all my secrets can be revealed!  To think, you didn't even have to pay for this analysis.  This is based on general manager tendencies and not necessarily the player I feel is the best to be selected at that spot.

1.  Oak Warren Hide - Second Base - Not the typical player a lot of people would take first Doug doesn't GAF what you would do.  Doug does Doug.  Power and eye with decent defense at second base.  Doug didn't have a chance to pass on Craig Stark five years ago, he won't do the same here.

2.  Atl  Brian Hodges - Starting Pitcher - Honestly I'm not exactly sure what Stang is doing trading up to two here, but maybe an elite jump or non-jump occurs to make the number two pick seem obvious.  I initially thought Gilly was nutty here, trading because he is scared, but I'm not convinced there is a clear top couple picks here, which make Hodges seem like the right choice.

3. Laa  Jose Barron - Left Fielder - The Oldwiseman is going to trade this pick I just know it.  If he doesn't I think he'll take the young huge upside outfielder with decent defense.  I don't believe it behooves him to try to take one of the more quick turnaround players who could help quicker, because this Angels team seems to be hanging on by a thread.

4. Pit  Dustin Taub - Starting Pitcher - JMaine doesn't miss much, and while it's clear he needs to get some starting pitchers to match with the hitters who are about 2 to 3 years away, Jmaine doesn't typically reach to make something fit.  I think Taub is the best projection here, even if he's too far away, although a quick flip for something a bit more advanced wouldn't surprise me in the least.

5. Fla Rich Chalkley - Starting Pitcher - Hokey is pretty fantastic at drafting pitchers.  I'm don't know that Chalkley fits his typical mold, but I'm also not convinced some of the flags will scare hokey away.  If not him it'll be Soutillan and he'll be converted.  I almost want to do that instead.  The fact that this will be an offline pick and not at the live draft will give the hokemonster a little more time to figure out exactly what he wants to do before making the pick.

6.  Chw Alan Rose - Starting Pitcher - Wiguy is going to flirt around with Mackinley for a long time before I finally talk him out of it.  He'll then swing down and make a similar pick with starting pitcher Alan Rose.  Rose makes plenty of sense and even at six he's a good selection.

7.  Mon  Zack Clyde - Starting Pitcher - Gilly doesn't often make first round picks, but when he does he tends to choose players who look good but aren't.  He is however, the most interesting man in FCM.  That previous description defines Zack Clyde.  A early 4th or 5th starter will slide in perfect into the Expos organization.  Voiltle looks ok, but beyond that you have to go back to 2084 to find someone Gilly drafted in the first round having success and even Tucker was berated in trade talks seasons ago.

8.  Stl  Dan Custer - Centerfielder - GD is a steady drafter and usually sticks to script, highest peak who doesn't look like garbage.  While there are a couple others who might fit the profile, I believe Custer checks more of the GD boxes.  I wouldn't be completely shocked to see him drop down the list a bit and take Seruya either.

9.  Bal  Christian Atkinson - Starting Pitcher - With the first of two picks High Heat is going to take a starting pitcher who fits the likable mold.  Not that High Heat has ever had a problem going off script.  Atkinson very likely goes earlier, but if not he will slide in just right at nine.

10.  Bal Brian Schearer - Starting Pitcher - Back to back starting pitchers for High Heat?  I think he might do three.  There are plenty of be liked out of the top of this draft and I'm pretty sure High Heat won't have a problem taking as many as he deems necessary.

11.  Tor  Brian Mackinley - Starting Pitcher - My first thought is what the heck is Corey doing picking so low in the draft?  Are there a bunch of tankers in the AL all of a sudden.  I'm sure he's picked outside the top 10 in my tenure here, but I can barely recall.  Either way while I talked Wiguy out of Mackinley the same information won't budge Corey as he lunges at the chance to nail this guy.

12. Bal  Chuck Hughes - Starting Pitcher - Building a rotation at the top of the draft is good sense and while 17 year old sub 60s vitals pitchers are slightly more difficult to project, this is a guy others will covet.  Pretty good chance he goes higher than this but Baltimore decides enough is enough and doesn't risk losing him this pick.

13. Cin  Efrain Patricio - First Baseman - Not sure if Theo will be willing to draft mediocre defense first basemen high, Matty would encourage it however.  Theo likes his power/eye hitters and Efrain checks those boxes and makes a lot of sense in Cincinnati.  The real question is this pick made Friday or autoed on Sunday.

14. Cle   Simon Pengilly - First Baseman - A run on non-defense first baseman?  Never seems to occur and probably won't but Matty has no problem taking hitters over defense at any point in the game.  Plus Pengilly seems as likely as any to miss a jump and peak out at like 84.

15.  Lad  Eric Hoover - Centefielder - Not sure this guy has truly dropped far enough for sxr to take him here, but he's shown to not be against taking low contact, good defense and power outfielders in the past.  Hoover is the epitome of that and who knows his contact may come up more than expected.

16.  Sfg  Lucas Jones - Shortstop - Does he take the bait?  I say hick does and nabs the defense first shortstop who may have enough eye to get on base to beat those middle infielder .600 ops blues.  Being a switch hitter is also enticing and is probably what bumps him above his nearly equal counterpart.

17.  Col  Adam Corney - Shortstop - Cadmus gets a bit nervous when he sees Lucas Jones go just above so instead of waiting until his next pick at 24 where Corney fits a little better he takes him here due to fear of loss (It's a real thing).  Everyone else breathes a sigh of relief so they don't have to continue thinking about doing just that.

18.  Sdp  Ian Varney - Left Fielder - Just after midnight on Saturday morning Percival rises to select a power/eye left fielder who can't play defense but should hit adequate enough to make sense.  To find equitable talent you have to drop down a lot in peak at this point and this time of the night Percival just doesn't want to do it.

19.  Tex  James Wade - Starting Pitcher - At this point in the draft high peaks are out the window. Looking for builds is the only thing remaining and warpriest loves this guy.  At 18 he's tantalizing and WP won't resist making the pick.  

20.  Det  Colby Windsor - Right Fielder - GB wakes up, looks at his watch and thinks of fuck did I miss the draft again?  Luckily for him he put his watch on upside down so it wasn't 9 am, it was 6 am.  So he says shit I'll take the guy everyone craves even though I don't really like him because I'd much rather have James Wade.  He then passes out again until Monday.

21.  Bal  Collin MacCartair - First Baseman - High Heat almost takes him 10 picks ago and is happy to have him for his fourth pick in the first round.  Honestly at this point he's kind of bored, since he owns like 12% of the entire first round.  Statistically something is going to hit here and while the temptation of drafting an entire starting rotation in one draft is there, he just can't leave this guy on the board any longer.

22.  Wsh  Ronaldo Soutillan - Relief Pitcher - Highest peak, who Pete will convert to a starter (He accidently caught the hokey disease by sharing a division with him for so long).  He quickly gets his endurance up and promptly flips him for a much more studly player.

23.  Det  Soichiro Serayu - Starting Pitcher - GB wakes up Monday, forgot he had another pick, gets autoed Soichiro and then plays to the Japanese gods that Matty is wrong in his hate for all things Asian mogul.  He'll then get a jump and trade him for a first round pick next year with hope he won't miss the draft the next time around.

24. Col  Chris Apperley - Starting Pitcher - It's Colorado you need guys who are going to keep balls on the ground and Apperley is the best of those that can do that.  At least now he can pair a ground baller with his shortstop and hope for the best.

25. Sfg  Ronnie Momberg - Starting Pitcher - hick can no longer resist the temptation of this guy falling any further.  He's perfect scenario is probably Viela, but at this point it makes sense to give it a try.  Lefties be damned, a wild hick makes the pick.

26. Ari  Alex Gailan - Starting Pitcher - Rhen has a chance to get a control/power pitcher who if not a little too advanced might have gone top 10.  There is no doubt he'll contemplate some of the home run scenarios with this pitcher in his park, but at 26 the opportunity seems to ripe and with just one good jump he'll have a home run trading prospect if needed.

27. Det  Keith Lomax - Third Baseman - Still passed out? Yep?  Keith Lomax come on down!  I'm pretty sure we'll get a list out of GB at worst this year.  Can't miss on a three pick first.

28. Kcr  David Hicks - Left Fielder - All this winning is really cramping Dlee's style having to wait so late to pick.  He'll come on and quietly announce Hicks as the pick, every will wonder if he's taking over San Francisco for a second and then realize it's the 18 year old with all vitals over his overall.

29. Nym  Glenn Macillduy - Starting Pitcher - Probably doesn't make it this far, but if he does Decker will happily take the 16 year old.  He's no where close to helping him but he should be fitting in right after the next New York rebuild.  

30. Bos  Yoshitane Tanaka - Starting Pitcher - Fred says I won the title bitches, ya'll shouldn't be mocking me you should be replicating me.  He takes the Asian starting pitcher everyone stays away from because of matty's gravitational force within FCM.  He becomes an elite level ace and everyone says Fred maybe your next title will be within two decades.

Hope everyone enjoyed it.
Philadelphia Phillies 2082-Current
Record 4428-4000 (.525)
Division Titles (12, '88-'89, '91, '05, '15-'17, '26, '28-'29, '31-'32)
Playoff Appearances (22, '87-'91, '96, '98, '01-'03, '05, '10, '15-'18, '26, '28-'32)
NL Championship (4, 2089, 2096, 2131-32)
World Championship (1, 2131)

2018 FCM Fantasy Football League Winner
2019 FCM Fantasy Football 3rd Place Winner
2020 FCM Fantasy Football Guillotine League Winner
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »