• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KCR/LAA
To :KCR:

1B Doug Fitzhardinge 28 90 6.8mil until 2022

To :LAA:

1B Javier Mateo 20 65/88 pennies until atrby 2021
CF Tim Friedman 22 67/84 pennies until arby 2021
RP Sean Stanley 23 69/79 pennies until arby 2021

This gives me another power hitter that I need. It also gives me the flexability to move Alonso if need be. If not it at least gives me the option to let him go at years end if I didn't want to extend him.
I accept. The power I lose with Fitzy will be covered with my recent signing of Gaston. Pushes some salary off the books while picking up some solid prospects for the future.
Approved
approve.
approve
hokester approved
Not one person acknowledged fitz's recent deal. It's up to both GMs trading as well as the mods to investigate/acknowledge this.

I may be wrong since I'm at work and don't have the file but I'm pretty sure Hokey traded Fitz last season to LAA, where he signed an extension preventing him from going to FA. Unless I'm so high on opening day I'm making things up (highly probable) this almost identical to Kimbrel minus shopping him and KC (Col) acquiring friends months in advance. And if I'm right it's almost worse since KC financial situation would've never allowed him to acquire fitz in the open market.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
The difference here is that there was not a NTC signed as part of the extension signed with Fitzharindge.

I will say this, it looks poorly on the Angels that they would be in contention (kind of) and deal Fitz to a team that is not in contention (KC) fresh off signing that contract. But there is no betrayl of a NTC here, even though this represents an unrealistic situation.

Just my take.
That's a good take Andy and I'm not saying we should veto it (that's not even up to me). But I'd like GMs to try and always acknowledge it. If everyone puts all their cards on the table intent is hard to question.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
As far as my end I didnt even realize James had extended him, I suppose I could have looked into it but I didnt think to. There really is no harm done by this deal anyway. Either way my bad on my part for not making sure especially since he is new. Hope the deal still goes through since i see no one has changed their vote.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »