Oakland // Cincinnati
Cincinnati Trades
1B Billy Butler 86/86[32yo] 12.0M 6yr
LF Ramirez 60/90[20yo] rookie contract
RP Davis 65/84[21yo] rookie contract

To Oakland for
EditP Roger Vaggars[28yo] rookie contract

Butler has a NTC but in the file I have he is allowing an acceptance to Oakland

I again take on another large contract, this one being a bit more dangerous as Butler is signed for 6 years. Like Pittsburgh, Cincy is in no position to win and losing a contract only helps out. I get two prospects who hopefully turn out nicely and I expect Butler to be productive for another 3-4 years.
There is no risk and mild reward.

EditI re-agree Vaggars is friends w/ Cincy's best SP so it makes his team happier, as the great late Tupac said "all you need is love...love is all you need'
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
accept, the word "helps" shouldn't be taken out of context here. Sure it helps me by shedding Butler's contract finally, but I pay him two prospects for taking on such a long term contract. He has it in his budget and Butler is a fan favorite so it could help generate more of a fanbase to OAK.

Since I signed Butler to an extension with Boras in 2016, DJ implemented his 100% buyout rule, Butler dropped from a 93 to an 86, and he has received multiple injuries (his health was much higher before the contract). It is a no-brainer that I had to find a way out of that contract and paying two prospects for someone to take him was the only way. Now I can focus on the upcoming Miller and Mainwaring crippling contracts.
hokester approved
unfortunately, this one i would veto.. waivers for nothing, fine, but oak has to give up something of relevance here in my opinion
why stang? its the physical dumping of a salary.
so place him on waivers and give him to Oak... your giving two decent spects as well..while i understand the financial relief for you, giving away 2 prospects with promise for nothing and giving away an aging player with injury problems and a bad contract for nothing are 2 different things.. even in the Oak/Pit/Hou deal, atleast Oak was trading something decent still.
what's the difference, I'm cutting out the middle man but not posting in the waiver thread. no one in their right mind would claim him, and he can only go to 4 teams so that narrows it down even more. look past the ratings, the spects are good not great.
then why not trade just butler to him for 1M or something? i get your point about the spects not being great... but i dont see why Oak cant get up a "good" fringe type guy at the very least in this deal. I know there has to be an incentive for Oak wanting to take him, but cash or getting butler for near nothing should be the incentive.. i still feel like he should be giving at the very least a mid 80's type prospect here
Just include someone meaningless and I would approve
updated
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »