• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2092 Nokes Draft Grades
Let’s try something new this year. Gone are the star grades. Instead, I’ll use the grading file that I created for mzylinksi. I also won’t be posting the projected future builds or scouting file rank. That will be able to be seen when I post my scouting file.

01. Min RF Donald Nichols - Grade: A

He’ll get compared to Alberto Recendez, but Nichols is not that build. Recendez was better defensively and had predicteds in CF. However, the comparisons for where Nichols’ bat can get to, have validity. He should be a big time bat and was the obvious #1 pick. To me, the only big question is when to call him up? If he jumps this year, I’d call him up Sim #2 of next year (to gain an extra year of control). If not, then I’d call him up as soon as he gets his jump in 2093. 

02. Atl SP Matt Bailey - Grade: B+

He’s very intriguing. He has an unusual power build without a real low GB%. His repertoire is solid and he’s baffled hitters so far with his low OBA. He could be dominant, but I would caution only because of a couple of high home run seasons. He probably has plenty of time to grow out of it, but home runs have held back what should be great pitchers in the past. 

03. Tor SP Justin Maris - Grade: B+

He projects close to 90 control to go along with mid 80s power and 90s movement. If he can get there, he’d be awfully good. Combining strikeouts with quality control and great movement has shown to be some of the better builds in the file. A concern is his OBAs. With one over .300 and two others above .260, I wonder if he’ll be tagged for a lot of hits.

04. Nym 3B/2B Kelly Lynas - Grade: C-

Sure he’ll be exceptional defensively (and maybe even a good SS), but I think his offense will be lacking. He has the kiss of death with his hit and run being higher than both his eye and contact. He won’t walk much and he won’t steal many bases. He does have some interesting extra base hit totals, but is that because of being advanced for the competition. For him to be reliable offensively, I think he’ll need to hit for an extremely high average and I highly question that with his contact being inflated.

05. Fla SP Benji Wilhelm - Grade: B

I’m not sure if Hokey fell and bumped his head, because this is not the usual Hokey pick. He’s a soft tosser, who’ll rely on double plays to get him out of innings. There’s nothing wrong with that in Mogul, it’s just odd to not see a power arm that would likely struggle anywhere else but Florida. While he has shown a tad high home runs in each season, this is a perfect build that has shown to be able to grow out of those issues (and pitching in Florida helps).

Attached Files
.xlsx   FCM 2092 Draft Scouting.xlsx (Size: 314.24 KB / Downloads: 17)
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »