• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predraft New Rule
Every year some dink who should know they have a top pick drags the predraft on causing all sorts of frustration around the league.  It's not hard, were you bad last year?  Ok, well then be ready to pick after sim 4!!!!

You can send me a short player list.  You can send me a message saying you'll be on at a certain time to pick.  You can just plain communicate your status somehow rather than ghosting us for a day and a half.  (Or longer in some cases)

So effective next year we will be instituting this rule:

As of 9PM ET of the Friday during Predraft you have 8 hours to pick or communicate your intentions.  If you do not the person after you (NFL style) can run their card to the podium and pick in front of you.  Not only that, but every person after you who is ready to pick can do so as well.  There will not be an 8 hour reset, you will simply be skipped until you decide to show up.

So you can take your 1st or 2nd or 3rd overall pick and turn it into the 20th if you aren't careful.  So be on your shit guys, it's enough of this feet dragging every year.
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
I approve this message!

Ditto
Pit GM
'08- Current: Pirates GM Record
'56-'08: Seattle GM Record 4606-3510 .568 win%
'20-'32: San Francisco GM Record 875-1231 .415 win%
'10-'14: Minnesota GM Record 324-324 .500 win%
World Series Champion 2010, 2089, 2092, 2095
American League Champion 2010, 2062, 2089, 2092, 2093, 2095

Best Record Full Year (Regular Season and Playoffs Combined):  131-45 .744 win%
Winner of first ever FCM World Series
Thank you, Andy!
COL GM: 2043 - present

2063 World Champions
2061 NL Champions
I shall bend the knee ma lord
so someone picks at midnight, if I don't pick by 8AM I get skipped? that's absurd
World Champs: 2071, 2106, 2108
Though I support a 12 hour clock, I think a 24 hour clock is the best (with no waiting until Friday for it to start). No matter what amount of time we choose as being logical, we are not going to guarantee many picks. The 8 hour clock (waiting until 9 PM ET Friday) would guarantee 6 picks. A 24 hour clock would guarantee 2 picks.

Is a difference in 4 picks worth having a GM pissed off because something came up and quitting? I get it that we could allow for extenuating circumstances to allow for a temporary extension on the clock, but that opens up gray areas and the necessity for Andy to (basically) constantly check the chat and forum PMs to see if anyone has told him they'll be delayed.

A 24 hour clock is simple, straight forward, and at least gets the draft rolling to an extent. A lot of times it's one person holding it up and a number of other picks would happen if at least one person could be skipping NFL style. It's not asking much for people to check the site once a day when they know the draft is coming, but 8 (even 12) hours could be seen as unfair if real life events come up.

- 24 Hour Clock when Sim #4 is posted
- Team is skipped after 24 hours from last pick (or file being posted)
- Clock resets to 24 hours once the skipped GM picks
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
Laa

I think this is a great new rule. EVERY 4th sim EVERYBODY is ready to go and start the picks and EVERY 4th sim 1 person has us waiting sometimes days to make a pick that they know they have and that the whole league is waiting to get their pick in. Now as usual there is a argument literally just to argue. We pretty much all have a phone with discord on it. It takes a whole 30 seconds to send a message on it. And if by some chance you have an outside the bell curve situation happen we're all adults and can figure it out. And if it's that bad of a situation I'm sure you're not worried about a pick in a simulation baseball league. So for once get Andy's back on this because we all know this rule needs to be in place to have the pre draft run smoother.
Me just seeing this post should be an indication of where I lie on the issue. I work two jobs and often have to leave work early or plan to be awake late/early just to scout for drafts. Speaking for people who might not be as active as the regular forum-posters in this thread (potentially only me and a couple other people), just getting depth charts in on time is enough of a challenge. If I had had an early pick this year, I PROMISE I would have left y'all waiting until Sunday morning, and without having a chance to scout much of the draft. If the draft is set for Sunday 11 AM (which we've already moved up 9 hours since I've been here), I wholeheartedly disagree with punishing people for not drafting EARLY. Using this year as an example, if someone PCs me while I'm at work and tells me I'm up and that I have to pick in 8 hours or I'm getting skipped, put yourself in my shoes and tell me how you would respond.
Los Angeles Dodgers GM
Andy made it clear that the key is communication. Basically, just don't ghost the league. As long as you respond and let people know your situation and approximately when you can pick or get a list in, you should be good.
COL GM: 2043 - present

2063 World Champions
2061 NL Champions
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »