• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sign and Trade Clarifications
(03-24-2011, 10:16 PM)rockybull Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 08:51 PM)Scott Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 08:12 PM)rockybull Wrote: I think the agents should eat Seattle alive for a few years until he has proven to learn his lesson. You won't even need these rules if you get BOTH agents to be extremely hard on the teams that do stuff like this, I guarantee you those damn GM's will wise up or be in the cellar.

Excuse me??? Worry about your own team

hey I worry about what I want to when your stupid resigning and then trading of Kimbrel is a big deal in the league and basically made this clarification thread because of YOU. You were the moron who gave him that deal then turns around and trades him. I sure hope the agents clean you up for many years when dealing with you, because if I were a player I would not ever sign a longterm deal to play for you, because of this Kimbrel bullcrap. You showed absolutely no loyalty to Kimbrel, so why should a player show any kind of loyalty to you? Not sure if agents will do anything, doesn't sound like they will, but they sure should.

Bravo. Do you know what your talking about? Kimbrel was dealt more than a full season after he was acquired.

.... Scoreboard
:min2: GM
(03-24-2011, 08:14 PM)dejota Wrote: What I'm not annoyed with: The Mods, they're doing an incredible job that's pretty much thankless.

What I'm annoyed with:
-Feeling obligated to make rules
-Being made out to be a monarch for asking/making/forcing you guys to play ball when I've avoided doing so for 8 seasons
-Having to justify every real-life transaction ever made, usually out of context or merely an exception
-Having my points constantly taken out of context
-GMs abusing BBM/FCM rules to get out of stupid deals
-GMs giving out stupid deals
-GMs giving out 3yr deals for unproven/injured commodities
-GMs outbidding each other by pennies because they've made so many other stupid deals 100K is suddenly relevant
-GMs thinking contracts "not working out as planned" as an excuse for bailing on said deals a year or two later
-The complete disregard of the seriousness of ANY and EVERY multi-year deal. If you're trying to forecast more than a year down the road for anything but a prospect or superstar YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG
-GMs only being concerned about the rules AFTER they've broken or bent them. You should be doing it the opposite way. You should hesitate going forward if there's a shadow of a doubt to the legitimacy of your actions
-GMs claiming the agent feature is broken ONLY when they're not getting their way

DJ, it seems that you're annoyed with GMs doing such and such...

i say we fire these GMs and have less rules.
(03-24-2011, 06:49 PM)dejota Wrote: I was going to write about how citing one example and passing it of as logic is happening far too frequently and why it's not important. But frankly, if you can't see that exceptions are no justification for changing the rules then I'm wasting my time before even starting.

So instead, I'll just clamp down a bit so your exception still fits but the spirit of the guidelines remain.

Sorry, I guess? Your post said feedback was appreciated and the tone of the message seemed it was July 31 and that was it. It's not that big of an issue and Branyan surely isn't the only example.
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
(03-24-2011, 11:03 PM)Scott Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 08:12 PM)rockybull Wrote: I think the agents should eat Seattle alive for a few years until he has proven to learn his lesson. You won't even need these rules if you get BOTH agents to be extremely hard on the teams that do stuff like this, I guarantee you those damn GM's will wise up or be in the cellar.

hey I worry about what I want to when your stupid resigning and then trading of Kimbrel is a big deal in the league and basically made this clarification thread because of YOU. You were the moron who gave him that deal then turns around and trades him. I sure hope the agents clean you up for many years when dealing with you, because if I were a player I would not ever sign a longterm deal to play for you, because of this Kimbrel bullcrap. You showed absolutely no loyalty to Kimbrel, so why should a player show any kind of loyalty to you? Not sure if agents will do anything, doesn't sound like they will, but they sure should.

Bravo. Do you know what your talking about? Kimbrel was dealt more than a full season after he was acquired.

.... Scoreboard

Are you really that stupid??? You have been trying to trade him before this season ever started. Stop with the bullshit, you are showing you're ignorance with every word.
(03-24-2011, 11:45 PM)rockybull Wrote:
(03-24-2011, 11:03 PM)Scott Wrote:

.... Scoreboard

Are you really that stupid??? You have been trying to trade him before this season ever started. Stop with the bullshit, you are showing you're ignorance with every word.

Says Rocky
Says the whole league actually. More on topic though, I'm down with strictly enforcing the 1 year rule again if it means crap like scotty's trade isn't allowed anymore. There will be cases where I wish I could have traded for such and such because a team wasn't even using him but if its for the betterment of the league I can lay back on this issue.
(03-25-2011, 06:28 AM)mike Wrote: Says the whole league actually. More on topic though, I'm down with strictly enforcing the 1 year rule again if it means crap like scotty's trade isn't allowed anymore. There will be cases where I wish I could have traded for such and such because a team wasn't even using him but if its for the betterment of the league I can lay back on this issue.

Well aren't you fucking great
(03-25-2011, 11:00 AM)Scott Wrote:
(03-25-2011, 06:28 AM)mike Wrote: Says the whole league actually. More on topic though, I'm down with strictly enforcing the 1 year rule again if it means crap like scotty's trade isn't allowed anymore. There will be cases where I wish I could have traded for such and such because a team wasn't even using him but if its for the betterment of the league I can lay back on this issue.

grow up, you are better than this. Your responses have been very bad here. I don't know why you have such a chip on your shoulder but this act is growing very tiresome.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
(03-25-2011, 11:08 AM)GoIrish Wrote:
(03-25-2011, 11:00 AM)Scott Wrote:

grow up, you are better than this. Your responses have been very bad here. I don't know why you have such a chip on your shoulder but this act is growing very tiresome.

I gotta agree with Sean on this one. A lot of people in this league dont like some of your actions lately i.e. the responses on this thread. Probably you wouldn't get the anger towards you if you didnt try to bend and twist every rule i.e. bidding 100k up, this sign and trade rule. Your a good gm and above all these actions. Yuo truned seattle into a competative team and ran this league. Just stop with the little stuff and your perception will be greatly improved.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »