COL-SEA Trade
:COL: Gets:
RP Craig Kimbrel 91 (Age 29) - $12.75M thru '22

:SEA: Gets:
1B Jerry Hands 65/89 (Age 22) - $Draft Day
RF Marc Graf 62/83 (Age 18) - $Draft Day
RP Tavo Madrazo 69/84 (Age 22) - $Draft Day
----------

At some point Kimbrel has to be tradeable and this is moving another month away from his signing date. This is now 14 sims since he's been signed. He's going for a setup role to a closing role. Any player knows they can be traded after signing a contract and is why some, like Kimbrel, get a NTC. Colorado is one of the two teams he'll waive his NTC for.
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
Accept, once again... He needs a change of scenery
:min2: GM
approve. sign and trade or not, the Rockies are making a playoff push.
I shouldn't post here since im not a mod, just wanted to give my 2 cents on this whether its wanted or not. Seattle wants to get rid of Kimbrel, and Rockies want him. I see no problem with that, there is a way to stop this so called possible sign and trade thing. Write all of this down, the teams that are doing this, get the agents to lay the smackdown on these teams, and be like "my player is unsure that you will stay loyal to him, so we want this much money WITH NTC". And if the GM's have a problem with it, then oh well, they will learn to stop doing this type of thing, it will make them a lot more accountable for their actions. Just tell the agent to be harder than usual on these cases.
I have to approve it - I think it's shady practice by Seattle and the agents should make note of it, but Kimbrel does approve this way around his clause.
approve, it goes through.
Now that the decision is made, I'd like to point out COL acquired players that are friends with Kimbrel during the offseason in order for Kimbrel to waive his NTC. I don't know if this would've changed thing since this approval seems to hinge on the idea that Kimbrel's okay with Colorado. In reality, he wasn't until COL acquired friends in November. He also used time reference as his point...Scotty was shopping Kimbrel before the ink dried on this contract which was the red flag that make this sign-and-trade so painfully obviously and COL was acquiring players to make this happen 4 months before the deal even went down. Not only are they being shady in their approach they're trying to sell their shit as scentless. When trading players that are even borderline sign-and-trades it's up to the GMs to not only point it out but explain what's led them to this situation. Colorado noted it and more or less scoffed at the rule as defense and Scotty's reasoning was he needed a change of scenery. If that was the damn case neither party should've been interested in an extension to begin with.

Bottom Line:

Both GMs manipulated the system at the expense of the market to make this deal happen. I don't appreciate either approach but I respect the mods decision.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
(03-23-2011, 03:43 PM)dejota Wrote: Now that the decision is made, I'd like to point out COL acquired players that are friends with Kimbrel during the offseason in order for Kimbrel to waive his NTC. I don't know if this would've changed thing since this approval seems to hinge on the idea that Kimbrel's okay with Colorado. In reality, he wasn't until COL acquired friends in November. He also used time reference as his point...Scotty was shopping Kimbrel before the ink dried on this contract which was the red flag that make this sign-and-trade so painfully obviously and COL was acquiring players to make this happen 4 months before the deal even went down. Not only are they being shady in their approach they're trying to sell their shit as scentless. When trading players that are even borderline sign-and-trades it's up to the GMs to not only point it out but explain what's led them to this situation. Colorado noted it and more or less scoffed at the rule as defense and Scotty's reasoning was he needed a change of scenery. If that was the damn case neither party should've been interested in an extension to begin with.

Bottom Line:

Both GMs manipulated the system at the expense of the market to make this deal happen. I don't appreciate either approach but I respect the mods decision.

That's what the league rules tell me to do when a player won't accept a NTC.

Quote:No Trade Clauses

You can work around NTCs in 3 ways:
-Renegotiate a contract that doesn't include a NTC before the trade.
-Move friends until a player will waive his NTC for the team trading for the player with the NTC.
-Buy it out for 15M (either party or a combo of both may pay it off).

From what I remember Scott started marketing Kimbrel at the deadline and I was interested. After the controversy started up, he backed off. Then in the off-season he posted him as available again. Naturally, I was interested. I added Ortegano and Hale so SEA's options of trading Kimbrel would be limited (unless someone wanted to pay $15M).

The bottom line is the league rules tell me that if a player won't accept a trade because of a NTC then one of the ways I can get around it is by acquiring said player's friends. I followed the posted league rule and I'm being made out to have done something sneaky and wrong?
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
Bottom Line:

Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
Veto but it does not matter apparently.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »