• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
off-season awards
Before we had more participation in the awards voting because there was an incentive behind the voting (WB slots and cash). What if we put together some sort of incentive program together for the awards. I got the idea when I got myself subway today, they gave me a card and punched one of the holes in the card and after so many sandwiches (hole punches) I get a free sub. What if we did something along the lines of after so many awards you can do some sort of stadium upgrade for free or you can take the cash. This will dangle the carrot for incentive hopefully.

If you think about it, in real life these awards do bring forth revenue to the teams. They give the players increased popularity which brings additional revenue in from Jersey sales, attendance, etc, this is a way that we can reward while keeping forth a realism goal.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
for me, i think we should just get rid of the off-season awards. it means absolutely nothing because last year, there was an average of about 10 votes per award. that is 33% of the league, no where near majority decision.

mogul does a solid enough job in determining the awards, so why not go with them. the only awards that should continue are GM of the awards, with other things along that line. but yeah, player awards IMO is not that important.
GMOTY always seems to be based on record. Which I disagree with.
get rid of it. no awards on 2017 = no interest.
I always vote. I usually don't post nominations because the people I would nominate are already there. I think people were waiting on PR to make the threads last season. Even if only 10 people vote its still fun.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »