Brewers gets:
SS Nino Perez 18 67/94 $39,000 arb '20
SP Alex Sinkovitz 21 70/92 $26,000 arb '20

Braves gets:
SP Chris Jenkins 22 77/86 $520k arb '20
RP Oscar Alma 17 60/90 $19,500 arb '20
RP Cy Soledad 17 48/85 $15,600 arb '20
$10 million cash

I acccept. First off I really like Perez, but the glove will never stick at SS, and I have a 2B spec I really like and I have others in the INF and OF that I like them more as well. His offense is limitless, but he just doesn't have a place to play for me in the future. Sinkovitz has all the goods to be a good SP, but I worry about his control, if he develops that then he could be really good, and if he doesn't, he is just average to slightly above average. Jenkins I think is better than his peak suggests, he has low endurance and health, but I feel that I can turn him into a good control/movement artist in the majors. Alma and Soledad are both relievers, but they are young enough to be converted as SP as well. You can never have enough good young upside pitching especially at such a young age as 17, I think I get 3 here along with 10 mil cash to help with improving my stadium or signing a Latin IFA this coming up season.
approve.
Brewers approve. We feel we upgraded Jenkins by getting Sinkovitz, and while we agree Perez is no SS, we already have a great SS spec and 2B spec. We look to hopefully move Perez to 3B eventually and feel he has enough power to handle the position. If that fails, we can always move him to LF. The cash isnt a big deal to us as we are WAY below our payroll budget and will be replenishing our cash supply as the season progresses.
approve
approve
Approved
approve
done
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »