OF Bret Gardner (88/88)

:SFG: Gets:
-----------------
SP Justin Lavin (81/95)
2B Matt Rathburn (91/91)
1B Lloyd Vankirk (80/94)
OF Jeremy Twitty (64/89)
RP Manny Mario (74/83)

I accept. I have to move some salary, and this helps me out a TON in that department. I get a cheaper replacement for Cabrera with Lavin, and I get some nice prospects as well.

It's hard to trade Cabrera and Gardner but I specifically resigned Cabrera a few years ago with a trade in mind down the road. Gardner is also coming off an injury and may or may not drop. Plus both guys are 31+ in the age department.

I like the trade for both sides.

Also, all apologies to Toronto and the Yankees. I had promised not to move Gardner until talking to Toronto, but I had an offer I could not refuse, that beat that offer anyway. Also, I had told New York that I didn't want to package them together, but I feel I probably wouldn't have gotten anything similar to this in return from them either. I just wanted to man up and admit I was wrong and apologize, but I gotta do what's best for my team.
This is a tough deal for Tampa Bay. A load of talent on both sides, but unfortunatley, Rathburn has not turned out to what we figured he would be in the 2 years he has played for us. At only 24, im sure his best ball is infront of him. But on a team looking to win, I need to make the moves needed to be.

Lavin + Vankirk are 2 of my best, if not my best prospects. They both look to be extremely good but Vankirk is blocked by 2 other guys, and Lavin is blocked by about 4 or 5. So there expandable.

Cabrera is 31, Gardner is 34. Both are older, but are proven winners. And thell bring that to Tampa..

Twitty and Mario are both solid spects, especially Twitty, but wont be reaching my team anytime soon.

All in all, a good deal for both teams. And it helps San Fran a lot in his payroll problem.. And I only go about a million over.. Good luck.
approve. nice blockbuster to start off the offseason.
approve
Approved
approve
approve
done
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »