• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live Sims
What happened to doing these?

Simming two weeks at a time creates a ton of games lost with injuries that the file is subbing for us that literally cost teams games in the standings. I'd really like to see this league commit to live simming nearly every time we do a sim.

It promotes league activity, discussion, etc. and it really isn't much more than the same time committment we make to the radio shows now. Probably much less.

I'm really feeling it today as we get set for a crucial sim - I want to hands on manage my team into the playoffs especially.
For me it's difficult, I spend 8 hours a day working staring at a computer screen and if I have the sim that night it takes about 30 minutes to put together the file another 30-60 minutes for the sim depending on attendance and injuries. Then I spend the next hour doing the show, usually not wrapping up until 10PM CT at the earliest.

That means I'm staring at a computer screen from 8:30-10,10:30 on days I have to do it all. TBH by the time I'm done prepping the file I usually have a moderate headache workin...it's just too much for me.

So in short I can't commit to live simming unless it's the post deadline sims where I don't have a radio show that night. So any suggestions to help implement this since I think we all, to varying degrees, prefer this system?
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
If more live sims are done, then the "Give Days Off" button HAS to be set to always. Tired of seeing half my team being tired & sore after live sims.

Also, it's easy to ask for lots of live sims when someone else is handling all the PCs in xat about moving Player A to #7 & my long reliever to short reliever and this guy from the DL to my #2 spot and the #2 guy to #6 and the #6 guy to my bench for Player B while Player B can go to the minors :P
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
I understand it's not easy, but there are a variety of options:

1) We could sim more often during the week and just sim one week at a time

2) We could sim daily after the deadline but sim only a week at a time

3) We live sim the final sim every year

I don't want to add undue pressure on the admins, but like Dejota said - it's clearly preferrable to our current model.
well yea it would take as much effort, almost as much effort as a radio show, and DJ cannot do both in one night. I might be willing to do some live sims from time to time myself, the last time I simmed I couldn't as it was already extremely late.

Whoever sims tonight, I think a live sim should be important incase injuries occur to the few teams still fighting for a playoff spot.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
I'm against options 1 & 2. I think there are enough sims during the week as it is. Also not a fan of going from daily sims for about a week straight after the trade deadline to daily sims for abouts 2 weeks straight after the trade deadline
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
I don't mind helping to run a live sim personally, if that's what it comes down to.

Why not the last sim of the season and sims in the playoffs we do a joint sim - radio show? The radio show could happen at the same time as a sort of in-playoffs discussion while the sim is happening. Just an idea.
DJ & Sean get to manage their rosters and host a show. I like it since it would give me an advantage if I played them
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
(08-09-2010, 02:31 PM)ezpkns34 Wrote: I'm against options 1 & 2. I think there are enough sims during the week as it is. Also not a fan of going from daily sims for about a week straight after the trade deadline to daily sims for abouts 2 weeks straight after the trade deadline

I guess I just don't like how completely out of my control the team is during the most important part of the season. The first couple months I can deal with, but one injury in August not being corrected properly could be the difference in a competitive league like this one.

There is a lot of nuance and fun in managing a team down the stretch that we're missing out on with the sim pace we have now.
Today I am free.....so I can definitely help run or conduct the sim myself......I really want a live sim to happen here. It's just up to the admins.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »