• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Baseball 2011
(02-28-2011, 10:17 AM)GoIrish Wrote: I will do it as well, if we have all owners, we could put some mogul money into a pot for a winner.

Now that sounds like an idea! I'm definitely down with that.
I'm in.
I'm in. Let me know on a date..
That sounds good Sean
:min2: GM
I added Hokey, Sean, PR, and Epic to the list.

I love the mogul money pot idea - any suggestions? 5 or 10M maybe?

As for the settings here are my thoughts:

We have roughly 10-16 teams, each team will have either 1 or 2 keepers for the next season. If we get up to 16 teams I'd like to divide the league into two divisions with 8 teams in each league. If we stay under 16 then we'll have one division.

I like Killa's Roster Positions and Settings with one change - Batting Average switched to OPS. I'm also ok with expanding the positions for a deeper pool of talent needing to be used if anyone is game. Otherwise we'll just stick with Killa's idea with that one stat change.
Can you take me out the list, I probably won't have much time. Will start interning soon and probably won't have much time and don't want to get too distracted so I can focus on my studies. Sorry bud.
Done
Bump, let's fill this up
:min2: GM
I'm in it to win it.
A few random things that my friends do in our yearly fantasy leagues, I have been doing fantasy baseball/football with these guys since my freshman year of college. They are all a bunch of high school friends of mine.

- keepers - we have keeper leagues in football and baseball but what we do is let people keep (2 in football/3 in baseball) after the 5th round. This will ensure that the top tier players are circulated every season via the draft and reward the people that take solid sleepers. The next season draft, the round that you selected that player, he gets put in that slot for your next draft. For example my baseball draft coming up, my keepers are for sure David Price (14th round) and I am torn between Josh Hamilton (7th Round) Gio Gonzalez (25th Round), Vernon Wells (26th round), Adam Dunn (6th Round) and Carlos Marmol (12th Round). The strategy around your keepers is getting the most value for the spot in the draft that they will be sloted. Take Price for example, he will be my 14th round pick this season, when he is most likely a pick in the first 3 rounds. I like hamilton and Dunn but they are 6th and 7th round picks, I really like the value of Gonzalez 25th round, where he most likely would be a 8th or 9th round pick this season.

- Schedule - We play 2 opponents per week. The reason why is if you are #2 in points for the week and you end up playing #1 in points in the week, you are 1-1 as opposed to 0-1. It helps keep the top points teams at the top of the standings as opposed to someone being unlucky with a great team that each week gets a matchup against high point total.

- scoring - we go off of points in our head to head. Here is a break down of our scoring.
1B - Singles 1 point
2B - Doubles 2 points
3B - Triples 3 points
BB - Walks (Batters) 1 point
CYC - Hitting for the Cycle 5 points
GSHR - Grand Slam Home Runs 5 points
HP - Hit by Pitch 1 point
HR - Home Runs 5 points
R - Runs 1 point
RBI - Runs Batted In 1 point
SB - Stolen Bases 2 points
Pitching Categories Setting
BBI - Walks Issued (Pitchers) -.75 points
CG - Complete Games 5 points
ER - Earned Runs -.75 points
HA - Hits Allowed -.75 points
INN - Innings 2.50 points
K - Strikeouts (Pitcher) 1 point
L - Losses -3 points
NH - No-Hitters 25 points
PG - Perfect Games 25 points
PKO - Pick Offs 2 points
S - Saves 10 points
SO - Shutouts 5 points
W - Wins 10 points
Special Scoring for Relief Pitchers Setting
L - Losses 0 points

With that scoring, you watch a point total rather than individual catogories.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »