• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concrete Waiver Trade Rules
There's trade rules and there's waiver rules, but there's nothing specific to address post-deadline waiver trades. It seems the policies are assumed. We need definite rules to plan for depth charts and if the trades can actually happen. The easiest and best way would be to incorporate the real life rules.

1. Only players will any MLB experience need to pass through waivers. "MLB experience" is defined as logging any MLB stats in any season of the player's career.

2. If a REV player isn't claimed within 24 hours he can be traded freely to any team throughout the month of August.

3. If a REV player is claimed by only ONE team within 24 hours, the player can only be traded to that claiming team.

4. If a REV player is claimed by MULTIPLE teams, the club with the worst record in that player's league gets priority -- and the player can be traded only to that team.

5. If a REV player is claimed the waiving team has an additional X (6? 12?) hours to decide the player's fate.

6. If a player is waived within 24 hours of the next sim, then the player will not be processed until the following sim.

If claimed under the basis of #3 or #4 then the waiving team would have the following three options:

1. Pull the player back and keep him.
2. Workout a deal with the team that has claiming priority.
3. Do nothing and allow the claiming team to take the player for free.
----------

For reference the rules were taken form here: http://www.purplerow.com/2009/2/19/76253...-part-thre

The reasoning for #1 is that the real rule is players on the 40 man roster must pass waivers and there is no 40 man roster on Mogul. I feel it's plausible to make anyone who has played in the majors have to pass through waivers.
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
I kind of agree on this one, we need at least better explanation of the rules. I was trying to work out the Scotty/PR/Mike situation using the current description of the rules and I was giving myself a headache.
(02-24-2011, 09:00 PM)mattynokes Wrote: There's trade rules and there's waiver rules, but there's nothing specific to address post-deadline waiver trades. It seems the policies are assumed. We need definite rules to plan for depth charts and if the trades can actually happen. The easiest and best way would be to incorporate the real life rules.

1. Only players will any MLB experience need to pass through waivers. "MLB experience" is defined as logging any MLB stats in any season of the player's career.

2. If a REV player isn't claimed within 24 hours he can be traded freely to any team throughout the month of August.

3. If a REV player is claimed by only ONE team within 24 hours, the player can only be traded to that claiming team.

4. If a REV player is claimed by MULTIPLE teams, the club with the worst record in that player's league gets priority -- and the player can be traded only to that team.

5. If a REV player is claimed the waiving team has an additional X (6? 12?) hours to decide the player's fate.

6. If a player is waived within 24 hours of the next sim, then the player will not be processed until the following sim.

If claimed under the basis of #3 or #4 then the waiving team would have the following three options:

1. Pull the player back and keep him.
2. Workout a deal with the team that has claiming priority.
3. Do nothing and allow the claiming team to take the player for free.
----------

For reference the rules were taken form here: http://www.purplerow.com/2009/2/19/76253...-part-thre

The reasoning for #1 is that the real rule is players on the 40 man roster must pass waivers and there is no 40 man roster on Mogul. I feel it's plausible to make anyone who has played in the majors have to pass through waivers.

I like rule #2. I don't know if that is incorporated in FCM but I definitely like that one. If we have rules like this go into effect we need to have the most simplistic explanations for them. We already have so many rules that people are getting confused about what to do and feel like they aren't able to freely play mogul.
This is about the most simplistic rules that can be written about waiver trades. People need to know exactly what type of players need to pass waivers, what time frame the player needs to be on waivers, and what their options are after the waiver has expired.

I think #5 and maybe #6 are two that people might think are overkill. For #5, I put it in because someone could put in a claim on a REV player at the 23 hour, 59 minute mark of the waiver. It's not fair to expect the waiving team to come in and revoke him within the remaining minute. For #6, the player definitely has to be on waivers for at least 24 hours prior to a sim so that everyone has a chance to claim the player. If not then it's defeating the purpose of rule #2.
Cle

If we have rules like this go into effect we need to have the most simplistic explanations for them. We already have so many rules that people are getting confused about what to do and feel like they aren't able to freely play mogul.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amen brother. To me, why not just extend the trade deadline, this waiver thing is a joke. People put guys on waivers then pull them back as soon as they are claimed. Why not just let them deal? Seems like a useless step in the process, and this revocable waiver thing is not worth the trouble.
Well if you pull back the deadline then anyone could be dealt. the only players that really get dealt past teh deadline are extra bench hands and overpaid players who are glorified benchers. If you have no deadline or put it back to august lets say then you could load up on guys wityh only having to pay 1 month of their salary whic is kinda cheap imo.
Either way I'd say we need a better constructed waiver rule.
To me it's either a hard July 31 deadline or have waiver trading for the 2 August sims. There's strategy in the waiver process. If I was in a playoff race I'd be blocking any waiver claim from SFG or any other playoff competitor than I could, as long as I have a use for the player and can take on his contract. 90% (if not higher) of REV players in August are going to be pulled back and if you go into it thinking otherwise, then you're not expecting the reality of the situation.
Cle

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »