• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDP - CWS
Pads get:
Hand, Brad 27 SP 92 92 $16,500,000 4

Sox get:
Frederickson, Evan 30 SP 91 91 $15,000,000 7

Pads get a shorter contract, younger player. To me Hand is a better fit for those reasons. He has a lower GB% but that’s ok in San Diego, a pitcher’s park. We get a little better financially, long-term.

I know Frederickson was signed as a FA, but this obviously isn't a trade to help either of us this year, as we're both long since out of contention. He likes Evan, I like Brad, simple as that.
mods please look closely as Fred is a sign and trade :)
:min2: GM
(02-21-2011, 10:45 PM)Chuck Wrote: Pads get:
Hand, Brad 27 SP 92 92 $16,500,000 4

Sox get:
Frederickson, Evan 30 SP 91 91 $15,000,000 7

Pads get a shorter contract, younger player. To me Hand is a better fit for those reasons. He has a lower GB% but that’s ok in San Diego, a pitcher’s park. We get a little better financially, long-term.

I know Frederickson was signed as a FA, but this obviously isn't a trade to help either of us this year, as we're both long since out of contention. He likes Evan, I like Brad, simple as that.

This trade has been brewing for some time. We both were limited by the rule. Both have long term commitments to these players so we feel that should not be an issue. In addition we are both thinking long term when considering this deal. If this doesn't go through I will understand but I do not in anyway feel this is an actual sign and trade. This is a deal in which both teams are swapping players with similar contracts that suit their general managers' interests more. I would understand this being vetoed if one contract was shorter than the other but in this case both teams are willing to make the long term commitment. At the end of the day as well, after the trade deadline this trade can clearly be consummated in the off season. Why should both general managers be forced to wait until then knowing neither of us are in contention. Let us know, I would love to hear the feedback.
If you sign a player with more than 6 years service time then shop or trade him the following season it will be considered a sign and trade and your team will be fined and the player will be granted free agency.

Personally I can see why this trade may be allowable, but this rule is pretty straight forward......

I'm torn, I'll wait for others to chime in.
I agree with Andy. This is a rule but honestly neither gm is dicking the system and rules can be modified.

I say approve pending ADMIN override.
I approve, both pitchers are the same quality, so its not like he was signed and then traded for specs, sometimes signings don't work out. However I am wondering how long this was brewing?
^^^^
i'd like to know jhc's reasoning behind the trade, before i vote. jhc just defended the sign and rule trade. :P
(02-22-2011, 01:37 AM)danpac47 Wrote: i'd like to know jhc's reasoning behind the trade, before i vote. jhc just defended the sign and rule trade. :P

Frederickson fits my park better, he is able to force more ground balls than Hand can. Hand is getting absolutely destroyed at my park.
(02-21-2011, 10:49 PM)Scott Wrote: mods please look closely as Fred is a sign and trade :)

What's your problem? You don't think the admins and Mods know what they are doing when it comes to sign and trades? If I get fined for replying to this thread you should too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »