• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editing the Draft Class for Sim 1
When I first joined and then saw the draft class I figured that was the class, so from the beginning I was looking at it some and taking some notes on it, then found out that the draft gets edited, which is fine, but I honestly don't like that it was sim 3 before it was edited. I understand DJ edits it and he can only do it when he sims, but I ask that we hold off of simming sim 1 or 2 until DJ can edit it from beginning. I am a GM that likes to look at the draft from beginning and take some notes on it from the beginning until draft day. I like to take my time on the draft, cause I look at way more than peaks, overalls and vitals. Some have said that they can wing it and scout a draft in 1-3 hours and that is great if you can do that, but I am not one of those types.

Thing about it is that guys jump and fall all the time from sim 1 to draft day sim file, so I like to look at all of that. This year was huge confusion for me, I had like 3 hours to look at draft after I found out which one we were using, and I was doing other things at same time, so the guys I drafted I honestly don't know if they were best picks for me or not, but looked good enough considering the time frame that I had. This year was an exception year since it hasn't happened before. Some may think it isn't a big deal if its sim 3 or even sim 4 until draft class is edited, and if it isn't a big deal to you then that is fine, but to me it is a big deal, so I would appreciate it if others don't come on here and say how it is fine the way it is, because for me it isn't fine. All I ask is that the draft class is fixed preferably by sim 1 and at the latest sim 2. If this cannot be achieved then it would have probably been best if Burnedstang who invited me to the league would have told me beforehand about the draft being edited and may get edit late in season, considering the draft and development is my strong points in mogul.
I strongly agree with this. Would be nice to plan ahead abit for trades to. If you see a top pitcher that you think you will beable to draft, then if you make a trade you may not need to pick up another pitching spec.
I'll make sure and handle all ST sims and do it afterwards to set this up
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
Yes, yes, and lastly - yes! In my opinion it would be better to postpone sims to get this done. We have members of all ages and different lifestyles. We can't all be expected to scout in day or two. It's gone around and around that some feel you need hours to scout while some feel you only need 30 minutes. That's personal preference, but I don't think you can deny that some have family obligations that interfere and obviously take priority. So it may take them a week before they have that even 30 minutes to spend scouting the draft.
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
I scout an hour before the draft because imma beast!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »