• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Release Player/Sign Player
Just because something a GM did wasn't against the rules doesn't mean it wasn't a douchebag move. We should hit those sorts of "poor intent" actions hard. It will help the realism affect.
I skipped the last two pages so I don't know if there is a solution but my solution is to force the Releasing team into a waiting game. If 1-2 sims later there is no interest in player X why not allow him to pick him back up?

In this league I try not to sign guys for more than 3-4 year considering how shitty it can be to get hit by the injury bug(3 years running for my team now w/ 2+ players out for more than a 2 months) and be on the hook for a 6 year deal worth 10M AND to watch that player digress(Jordan Danks I think got injured in season two of my time and dropped about 20 total points from an 88 to like a 71)

TBH I recently thought about doing this w/ 2-3 of my guys who are earning too much(Shin but I didn't sign his deal and Jo-Jo who I did) BUT i opted against it b/c I figured it in bad form to release someone and then immediately try to pick him back up.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »