Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
Not a bad idea. Although I know DJ already edits the health of the rookies that we draft. If we did do this though I think that after they hit a players general peak age of 27 that he should no longer be able to be sent for improved health. Reason being that once you hit that age your body starts to decline. Also, I think he should only be able to be sent once or a maximum of twice so we don't get guys with 99 health or something absurd like that.
Two reason's I've opposed this before, but I'm always willing to reconsider.
-There's no basis for it in reality aside from stretches (pun def. intended)
-We address health in 3 ways already: equalized spending, lower injury frequency, and making sure no prospect starts hi career with health below 62

My personal POV on injuries is we've already lowered them below realistic levels, so any more efforts to curtail the injuries would be overkill.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
the difference here though would be that you're paying for the health.

maybe instead of "buying" the health points, have a random generator, just like what we have with winter ball.
DJ is right though we have done a crapload of things to curtail injuiers. (too much imo). Buying health points would only benefit the larger markets in the long run anyway.
A player's health determines how many games they can play per season. Health doesn't have any way to increase, like other ratings. It can only decrease. I don't think it should be random, you should get what you pay for. Health doesn't directly affect the player's performance like +1 predicted click can. All health can do is make it more likely for the player to play in more games and even that might not make it happen.

I'd say a set +3 health for $5M is good. For the extra 3 health points a positional player is probably getting 2-3 more games and for a pitcher, that might mean 1 more start or a couple appearances out of the pen. We could cap it at 75 and not allow prorating, meaning if you have a guy at 73 health and want to send him for a health upgrade it'll still cost the full $5M. Additionally sending a guy for health upgrades could mean that he can't be sent for winterball work.

The reasons for 75 being the cap is because 75 is average on Mogul's terms and that means about 145 games for positional players. What it exactly is for pitchers I'm not sure, but the point is 75 health gets all players a solid amount of playing time if they remain injury-free.
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
I think our current sims handle injuries well. The horrible plagues have stopped and things seem more balanced and realistic. At least from what I've seen of my division.

I do think player healths in the draft could be improved a bit more, but I don't like winterball for anything, much less health improvements.
I think if it could be possible we up the health limit for draftees to 65. Or we could have position player draftees have a limit of 68 and pitchers a limit for 62 because pitchers are far more likely to get injured than position players. One real thing I want to say is the health is as much realistic as possible IMO and since there really isn't a problem with it, it's not a dire need to have fixed.
I think we should add in health. A few million bucks for a few clicks. I personally hate guys with low health, and even if injuries are lowered and everyone has equal medical, a guy who is 65 is more likley to get hurt then a guy whos 75, 85 or 95 in health. Having restrictions on the health upgrades and a reasonable price for it in the off season shouldn't be a bad addition. just my 2 cents for whatever its worth
Quote:I personally hate guys with low health, and even if injuries are lowered and everyone has equal medical, a guy who is 65 is more likely to get hurt then a guy who's 75, 85 or 95 in health.

Two things that made me laugh about this sentence:

#1 - Of course you hate guys with low health, who doesn't? lmaoooo

#2 - Of course guys who have 65 health are more likely to get injured than 75, 85 or 95 guys. Their health rating is LOWER than others to indicate that. lmaoooo

Whether you notice it or not, the league has an injury rate pretty much as realistic as real life. With that fact, the health is right where it should be. Health also balances the talent levels.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »