Poll: Do you want a live sim this friday night?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
45.45%
5 45.45%
No
54.55%
6 54.55%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live sim this friday?
It took forever last time but most of it was just getting the kinks out. And the actual sim went a lot quicker in the final few days, a lot of people gave up on it at first.

The majority vote will be the decision.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
I am not going to vote yet, but I likely won't be on and then again I don't really care that much.
I'm obviously not voting either, unless it's a tiebreaker, and im not sure which id decide right now.

If live sim wins, we really need to stop letting the teams that are there have a huge advantage of being able to make lineup changes. I argue this point in xat and actually had a couple of ppl in agreement. What needs to be done to stop the advantage is either sim day by day but dont allow lineup changes. Or sim the full 2 weeks. This way everyone knows no one is cheating (which clearly isnt even an issue but some like to claim its a possibilty), and you still get the excitment of seeing your team day to day.
Quote:This way everyone knows no one is cheating (which clearly isnt even an issue but some like to claim its a possibility)

Why wouldn't it be a possibility? I'm not saying our staff has no integrity or that they are cheaters. They have my trust because when there are no live sims I do not suspect any foul play. But teamviewer helps to show that they are playing the game fairly. I have been mislead by other people I've trusted, and that didn't make me suspect everyone, but just made me a little more concerned about the people I trust proving to me that they won't let me down.
If someone suspected someone of cheating theyw ouldnt want to be in a league knowing they have no chance of winning. Granted I can see your point so sure use teamviewer just dont allow changes.
(02-09-2011, 12:26 AM)mike Wrote: If live sim wins, we really need to stop letting the teams that are there have a huge advantage of being able to make lineup changes. I argue this point in xat and actually had a couple of ppl in agreement. What needs to be done to stop the advantage is either sim day by day but dont allow lineup changes. Or sim the full 2 weeks. This way everyone knows no one is cheating (which clearly isnt even an issue but some like to claim its a possibilty), and you still get the excitment of seeing your team day to day.

I'm actually on your side, ive never told you that. I just like team viewer :D and I feel like this gives the league some activity.

And just to get my two cents out there, teamviewer doesnt mean the admin is cheating. I mean it means that I am not re-simming, but if I wanted to I could still tweek some specs here and there before and after the sim when teamviewer isnt running. Just saying that this isnt a flawless way to prevent admin cheating.

So does this mean no lineup changes for the live sim, if there is one?
(02-09-2011, 02:32 AM)mike Wrote: So does this mean no lineup changes for the live sim, if there is one?

Mike, your my boy. I love you. But seeing as that your pretty much the only one opposed to it compared to most who don't have a problem with it, majority rules. I don't think we will stop letting them line up change if there is a live sim and some GMs can make it. After all, what's the point of a live sim if we can't make line up/injury changes. You've put up a great argument but I don't think you've change any of the opinions of the opposed. Sorry man:-/
(02-09-2011, 09:40 AM)Mstrpr626 Wrote:
(02-09-2011, 02:32 AM)mike Wrote: So does this mean no lineup changes for the live sim, if there is one?

Mike, your my boy. I love you. But seeing as that your pretty much the only one opposed to it compared to most who don't have a problem with it, majority rules. I don't think we will stop letting them line up change if there is a live sim and some GMs can make it. After all, what's the point of a live sim if we can't make line up/injury changes. You've put up a great argument but I don't think you've change any of the opinions of the opposed. Sorry man:-/

I for one will never make a live sim if you can't make lineup changes. I'm sure most prolly could care less if I am there or not, but ya no reason to even think to make a live sim if you just see the simmer sim. And the ones that may want to see the live sim happen on teamviewer, and think it is cool just to watch it without making changes, well that shit will get old and those same people im sure would lose interest within one mogul year.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »