To :KCR:

SP Fujiwara Tsubaki 30 87/91 making 11.75mil thru 2019 arby

To :LAD:

RP Alex Edmunds 23 82/84 making 520k thru 2019 arby
RP Ivan Asconcio 24 82/84 making min thru 2019 arby
RP Alfonso Aldea 18 70/88 making min thru 2019 arby
RP Paul Meade 21 71/86 making min thru 2019 arby
SP Ralph Head 23 56/82 making min thru 2019 arby

It hurts to give up Emunds and Assconcio since Asconcio was going to be my replacment for Edmunds if I did move him but the juice is worth the squeeze and what looks like a top notch pitcher. My kind of baseball requires 3 top notch picthers in my roto since I focus most of my budget money on pitching as in my mind, pitching wins you games. The rest of the specs I was planning on flipping since the day I picked them up i n some sort of deal for a big bat or a top pitcher. All in all good deal fo both sides I think since LAD won't be competeing for a few years.
(02-08-2011, 02:31 AM)mike Wrote: To :KCR:

SP Fujiwara Tsubaki 30 87/91 making 11.75mil thru 2019 arby

To :LAD:

RP Alex Edmunds 23 82/84 making 520k thru 2019 arby
RP Ivan Asconcio 24 82/84 making min thru 2019 arby
RP Alfonso Aldea 18 70/88 making min thru 2019 arby
RP Paul Meade 21 71/86 making min thru 2019 arby
SP Ralph Head 23 56/82 making min thru 2019 arby

It hurts to give up Emunds and Assconcio since Asconcio was going to be my replacment for Edmunds if I did move him but the juice is worth the squeeze and what looks like a top notch pitcher. My kind of baseball requires 3 top notch picthers in my roto since I focus most of my budget money on pitching as in my mind, pitching wins you games. The rest of the specs I was planning on flipping since the day I picked them up i n some sort of deal for a big bat or a top pitcher. All in all good deal fo both sides I think since LAD won't be competeing for a few years.

Accept. Tsubaki was signed in order to flip for younger prospects when I first went after him. Being 30yrs old and the master plan for the Dodgers is to compete in 3 more years, I don't feel a 33yr old would help us much as the team evolves.
Project: Rebuild a team that has nothing.

2015: 56-106
2016: 74-88
2017: 73-89
2018: 66-96
------------------------
Total: 269-379

Project #2, bring a title back to LA.

2019: 94-68 NL West Champions
2020:
Don't think Fujwara can be dealt yet. He was just signed in the offseason as an IFA. I thought we had a time limit on when people could be signed and dealt to negate sign and trade scenarios.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
Its already happened this year with 2 yankee picthers that he signed and they were passed so there isnt any reason this shouldnt go through.
The rules addresses the fact that it's impossilbe to regulate this issue based solely upon precedent. Mike's reasoning alone isn't reason enough for this to go through. As Sean noted the intent is to prevent sign-and-trade scenario's. Both Yankee deals noted the fact they were offseason signings and gave context and reasoning to support the deal.

It's ultimately in the mods hands to approve or veto the deal but flexibility for this rule is mandatory to preserve integrity in FCM I think.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
Id also argue that while he did want flip him at some point, I dont think Mhall was going to flip him this early. If that was th ecase he would have flipped him the second he got the player. Afterhall the pitcher in question has already gotten 5 starts. And I don't beleive hes been shopped around either or there would be a lot more buzz about him.
Id also like to point out that even though the yanks said they didnt plan on trading those 2 picthers that he already had 3 pitchers in his minors who could have easily stepped up so imo he signed those guys to trade them at some point even if it wasnt meant to be that early.
For the record I wasn't sure the exact ruling on "flipping" players. Mike came to me asking if the player in question was available. Since I took over and started a rebuild of this team, this incredibly messed up team, it's been noted that any player over a certain age would be readily available. In Fujwara's case he is 30yrs old and ultimately would benefit playing for a contender or a team that would contend soon. This Dodgers team is not that, we will not break even .500 for another 2-3 seasons. This deal was a deal that I doubt would get matched in the future, hell if you look into it Alex Edmunds is the same as Fujwara with exception of the starters endurance. And guess what, he's gonna be added to that starters role and with better GB% should see better success here than a Fujwara would.

Maybe I'm rambling because I'm stuck at work and the damn dish keeps messing up during the good parts of this soft core movie but yea.. Bottom line I didnt shop the guy as I normally would nor did I have the intention to trade him. It was a "to good to be true" offer from the beginning and I thought it was best for the LA Dodgers.
Project: Rebuild a team that has nothing.

2015: 56-106
2016: 74-88
2017: 73-89
2018: 66-96
------------------------
Total: 269-379

Project #2, bring a title back to LA.

2019: 94-68 NL West Champions
2020:
i'll approve this deal. even if it is a sign and trade which mhall admits to, Tsubaki is a beast and teams had the chance to sign him in the offseason and did not. fortunately though for LAD, KC is willing to give up some good prospects for Tsubaki and his expensive contract. There is a deal here and i think it's crazy to veto a fair trade when i see one. Tsubaki has the chance to join a playoff contender, so i can't deny that also.
approve
eh I agree with danpac, but I'm now even more confused about the rules about trading a recently signed player.

approve
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »