• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KCR/CIN
To KCR:

SP Juan Morelles 21 62/86 making min thru 2019arb

To CIN:

SP Tyler Sample 26 85 making 10mil until 2018

I agree to pay 13mil of his NTC fee and so CIN will foot the remaining 10mil of his NTC.

Sample is headed downhill even in his performance. I get a half decent spec and only pay a couple more than it would have taken to just outright release Sample. Sample could bounce back a little but I'm not willing to keep him on the payroll to find that out.
accept. need to try to fix the pitching situation. Sample is young and talented and he can help. And buying out his NTC means he is now expendable in case he doesn't work out.

Gotta take chances tho!
I don't think that's how buyouts work man
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
the logic is flawed but please bare with me. i'm tired, sleep deprived, and I'm trying to improve my staff.

goshhh
Thats exactly how a buyout works when doing a trade. This trade pending aproval will nullify his NTC. At least thats how its worked in the past.
I think what nick was refering to this comment "And buying out his NTC means he is now expendable in case he doesn't work out."

The buyout is for him to waive his NTC for this trade. Not to tear it up so he can be dealt again in the future.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
Thats not how its worked in past trades. In trades the NTC has always been thrown out after he has been dealt. Paying the 23mil is like him taking money to waive his ntc completeley. Unless a new rule has spawned that I overlooked.
yeah though my logic is flawed, again, the NTC has been thrown out in past trades. But not to worry though. He's 26 and he's only owed 20M over those 2 yrs. I'm not going to get rid of him unless someone wants him more than me.

But please guys, can we just leave this to the mods. I hate hate hate when MY threads go onto a second or third page.
any trade involving you is suppose to go on to many pages, thats how it goes :) Its an unwritten rule of FCM. Especially if its a trade with CIN and NYY

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
Approved
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »