HOU - SDP
Astros get:
Darnell, James 29 3B 94 94 $10,000,000 FA 16

Pads get:
Sottsberry, Roger 25 SP 86 89 $520,000 Arb 18
McVail, Dennis 22 2B 82 91 $39,000 Arb 19
Raynosa, Nino 25 3B 84 84 $39,000 Arb 18
Palmer, Alan 23 RP 75 86 $26,000 Arb 19

Hate to move Darnell but we really need some young pitching. Like MacVail as well. Probably wouldn’t have been able to keep Darnell once an agent got involved, so now’s the time.
I accept the ratings aren't exact but similar enough I think. Darnell's glove will transfer to short hopefully and we'll have similar results as Chisenhall produced in HOU.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
I'm sorry, but I sought some other opinions to make sure I wasn't way off-base in my assessment...but this deal is just not very good. Darnell is a blue chip stud. San Diego is getting one bad player, a very mediocre relief spec, a middle of the rotation upside starter, and a second baseman that at best is a good spec. (I don't think he's that personally, but just my opinion).

If this were a BA prospect list, DJ didn't even give anyone in his top 10 specs and I don't see anyone with any long-term upside. This is a bad haul for San Diego for an elite player, I can't approve this so I'll be the asshole that has to tell it like it is again....

Veto.
Darnell is a blue chip player I won't be able to afford to keep after next season when he needs an agent and will go through the roof. Do you suggest I let him go for merely a draft pick? I'm fine with the return here. Yes, I'd love to get four top specs and laugh all the way to the bank, but I'm good with the spread of talent I got and I hope the other trade mods are as well. I'm not new at this, I know what I'm doing here.
Yeah for a rental I wouldn't be willing to upgrade my offer. I understand the veto Darnell does everything but run really well but I can't say I completely agree. I'll be fine either way but this would be the most I'd offer.
I have difficulty believing this is just a rental. My biggest problem here is....was Darnell ever shopped? Because I know I would have came calling and dangled some serious talent. I would venture to guess I wouldn't be alone.
I made him available for two nights straight in the c-box. Is shopping a player a criteria for trade approval? Am I supposed to wait until all teams make an offer, or take one I like?

Let me know if this thing is going through or not, it affects my FA decisions. Thanks.
I would maintain my veto. Chuck...the C-box cycles up and down, there are probably a dozen active GMs that would have never seen that. Post a block!
Are there any other trade mods, or is one veto enough to kill it.
Not trying to abuse my powers but why did one veto take this trade down?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »