• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Team Moving
So just throwing this out there, is this a consideration?
I don't see why not, if you can build up the cash for a stadium. I think it would have to be pending approval of the other owners though, and since one could take a team, move it to East Bumblefuck, New Jersey and then quit the league, I think it would have to be monitored VERY closely.

I'd personally prefer, in a few seasons, to see expansion of some kind if we have the interested GMs. If we do anything to shake up the league makeup, that is.
I'm adverse to a team switching leagues and moving to a market that would negatively affect another team(s)

Not a fan of a team switching divisions, but wouldn't be adverse to it as long as the new city makes sense for moving to that division
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
I am against expansion do to the fact that it would stretch out the talent some. We are already having talent issues - so I don't think is such a great idea. When it comes to relocation, I kind of agree with Nick. I'm a small market team so of course i'd love to move to like San Antonio, but relocations might screw up demographics and geographics across the league.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
Well my thoughts for the relocation is that the team obviously has to stay in the USA, and not every team really needs to move, however there are some teams that likely should get a better chance at moving aka Marlins. (sounds bad because it is my team :()
Like I said, not adverse to moving as long as they stay within their league and they don't negatively affect any other teams with the market they move to. If you move out west, you'd have to convince Colorado to move to the central though & another central team to move to the east (likely Pittsburgh). I mean 4-6-6 divisions in the nl doesn't make much sense to me. Not even that big of a fan of seeing Colorado going to the central either.
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
(08-08-2010, 09:35 PM)Jordan Wrote: I am against expansion do to the fact that it would stretch out the talent some. We are already having talent issues - so I don't think is such a great idea. When it comes to relocation, I kind of agree with Nick. I'm a small market team so of course i'd love to move to like San Antonio, but relocations might screw up demographics and geographics across the league.

Jordan,

That is not correct. It would actually work in reverse of what you are saying. Additional teams would create additional players in the file, the additional players in the file would create more 90's and 80's players available. It is correct that they would and could take some of those players but the bottom line in essence is the league would obtain a larger base of players. That base number of players is what will skew our percentage of players.

In regards to relocation, I am not against it but it would have to make logical sense for the demographic of their division also, it would have to make sense for the league. You would also have to have the cash available to make the move and build the stadium, so we are most likely talking about over 100M. I don't think anyone will have over 100M this off season, so that is not a worry at the present time.

The other issue we will have is if someone moves and eats into another teams market. We don't want to have a move influence the performance of another team.

We have seen it in our life that teams relocate, Montreal to Washington for example. A team remained on the east coast. We also have seen expansion. Both will happen again and I don't think it is out of the realm of possibiity that both will not happen in the next 5 years in real life (Almost where we are headed). I think if a team moves, it should coincide with expansion thus allowing us to shape and alter divisions in the league.

With expansion, it would make most logical sense that the AL should get 2 teams. As it is right now, we have 16 NL teams and 14 AL teams. This would create a balance of 16 and 16. However, I don't think it would be fair if the AL picked up two expansion teams. If two expansion teams joined the AL, it would provide some teams with more easy wins. Most likely we would have to add an expansion team to each league and have a team from the NL move to the AL. Very similar to what happened with the Brewers.

I would think the most logical expansion location would be Las Vegas (AL West). Outside of Vegas, I would also think Oklahoma City would also make some sense. Maybe New Orleans or Charlotte on the east coast would make sense as well.
Personally...I don't like expansion, real life or in simulations. A lot of good points on this, but personally, I hope the league chooses to just stick with 30 teams.
I'm only in support of expansion if proven, known, committed GMs are taking over these teams. Revolving doors for the GMs of these teams makes adding these teams completely pointless

Generally, I'm pretty content with 30 teams
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
Sean, I'm guessing I was seeing it as it would be in an older version of mogul, but your right - with the talent ratios that mogul 2011 uses, if you add teams the league would have to add talent to fit the new ratio. (I skimmed what you said so I hope im not repeating you) But talent dropped because players left the league and retired, if we added two new teams, more players would have to be added which would create more talent. I see now.

Yea i'm against expansion.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »