Poll: What time for 2068 draft and beyond? (All times are Sundays)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
9 am ET
11.76%
2 11.76%
10 am ET
23.53%
4 23.53%
11 am ET
41.18%
7 41.18%
1 pm ET
5.88%
1 5.88%
3 pm ET
17.65%
3 17.65%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last draft poll
Here are the options I'm considering
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
I voted for 9AM but my real vote is for 10AM
World Champs: 2071, 2106, 2108
I voted for 11 AM, but I would also be fine with 10 AM.
Los Angeles Dodgers GM
11 is perfect. Not too early, can get your breakfast and stretching in along with last minute scouting. Not too late to where you will miss the entire football game or any family activities.
(10-30-2016, 12:53 PM)Peter Wrote: I voted for 9AM but my real vote is for 10AM

I don't get it?
I voted for 3. Any of the first three I'm not sure I would be able to attend due to church.
Mil 2107-Current

ARI2 2033-2069; 2083-2106

2033-2069: 2,921-3,073 (.487%)
2083-2106: 1,961-1,927 (.504%)

4 Wild Card Appearances
8 National League West Championships
4 World Series Championship

Career: 4,882-5,000(.494%)
Is this supposed to be a joke? Not sure as I'm not on the xat cause I'm at work on my phone during break. This would cause my retirement from leagues as the draft always falls on my weekend to work and if send in in lists while I was riding out my time at tim hortons was any indication it put you at too much of a disadvantage to do a list everytime.
Then post ideas. I'm not going to continue to have the middle of my Sunday cut out every 6 weeks.
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
(10-30-2016, 02:14 PM)mike Wrote: Is this supposed to be a joke? Not sure as I'm not on the xat cause I'm at work on my phone during break. This would cause my retirement from leagues as the draft always falls on my weekend to work and if send in in lists while I was riding out my time at tim hortons was any indication it put you at too much of a disadvantage to do a list everytime.

Come on dude, I know it sucks for some people but there are some people who were hardly able to make it to the draft on the schedule we have in place now. If we payed Andy a salary like real life owners did then we could dictate his schedule. But that isn't the case, if Andy is the only guy who is trusted to conduct the draft then we must abide by the schedule that best suits him.

Sunday mornings and afternoons make way more sense than Sunday night for most of us anyway. We can't possibly have a schedule that works for everyone, but we need to come up with one that best suits Andy's free time and the majority's free time.
(10-30-2016, 02:14 PM)mike Wrote: Is this supposed to be a joke? Not sure as I'm not on the xat cause I'm at work on my phone during break. This would cause my retirement from leagues as the draft always falls on my weekend to work and if send in in lists while I was riding out my time at tim hortons was any indication it put you at too much of a disadvantage to do a list everytime.

Any of these times could conflict with me working on Sundays as well. However, I have the ability to request days off, as long as I give 4 weeks notice. I plan on projecting out each future draft and checking with Andy if he has the same timeline and then requesting that Sunday off of work to ensure I have it off. You can't do the same?
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
(10-30-2016, 02:49 PM)AndyP Wrote: Then post ideas. I'm not going to continue to have the middle of my Sunday cut out every 6 weeks.

I have brought forth 3 different ideas to you. You shot down them all unless I misunderstood, however I recall you calling one of them obnoxious. Matty also had a suggestion, again shot down. And PR also said he would run the draft which would keep the same schedule which could take you out of the equation altogether freeing up your Sunday. It's EVERYONE'S Sunday that get's cut out just FYI. Unless you trade out of the draft or list it. Plenty of stuff I could be doing as well on a Sunday (even after work) but if I have picks I draft. It's the cost of playing in leagues and having fun. If you don't want to run the draft that's fine I get it it's a huge headache as I to have ran drafts before, but when someone else is offering to run the draft then hand the reigns over if you don't want to be there to do it. The only way other people will get better at running is by having others do it. If you'd like me to re-share my suggestion's I can though I just figure I'll save the typing for now as you shot them down already.

(10-30-2016, 04:43 PM)mattynokes Wrote:

Any of these times could conflict with me working on Sundays as well. However, I have the ability to request days off, as long as I give 4 weeks notice. I plan on projecting out each future draft and checking with Andy if he has the same timeline and then requesting that Sunday off of work to ensure I have it off. You can't do the same?

Well first of all let me just shake my head a bit to think you seriously think people would give up a days pay to do this. I love mogul, but I love being able to pay rent or having things more. Furthermore, to trade shifts is essentially impossible for me on a good day. Not to mention Christmas season. So my only option would be to request the day off work which isn't an option.

By all mean's if the league want's an early draft time on Sunday's because they are afraid somehow somethings going to get messed up if someone else runs the draft and if any of the suggestions are too far out there to not be feasible then that's fine. The goal is always to do what's best for the league. I'm just stating none of that works for me and sending in lists, or trading out for every draft really isn't a feasible option if you actually want to win. So the only thing left for me would be to leave and retire from leagues until I'm fortunate enough to have every Sunday off.
(10-30-2016, 03:03 PM)Mstrpr626 Wrote:

Come on dude, I know it sucks for some people but there are some people who were hardly able to make it to the draft on the schedule we have in place now. If we payed Andy a salary like real life owners did then we could dictate his schedule. But that isn't the case, if Andy is the only guy who is trusted to conduct the draft then we must abide by the schedule that best suits him.

Sunday mornings and afternoons make way more sense than Sunday night for most of us anyway. We can't possibly have a schedule that works for everyone, but we need to come up with one that best suits Andy's free time and the majority's free time.

Forgot to reply to this one or it got cutoff one of the two. We had and do have a good 24 or 25 gm's at the draft each year and then the rest have a list apart from a couple. To suggest that people haven't or can't make that time just isn't true.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »