• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2061 Nokes Draft Grades
After I joined Vert's league, I completely re-vamped my scouting file. I've added items such as being advanced for your age in development and bonuses for projecting ideal builds as well as some other tweaks. There is more of a difference in scores and are less 90's and even 80's in years past.
----------

01. :phi2: 3B Greg Davis
He's an exceptional talent. He could be MLB starter sometime in 2062. He is not meant to be a 2B. In fact, he is dreadful there! At 3B, he'll be pretty good defensively and a monster offensively. He should walk a ton and be a perennial 70 extra base hitter each year.

Grade: [Image: 5-Stars.png]
Future Skills: 81 Con, 96 Pow, 96 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 1
Scouting File Score: 101.78

02. :sfg2: SS Felipe Jeandron
He should be a remarkable talent, offensively. However, defensively, I'm not sure if he'll be that great. Much like Craig White, he'll appear as if he's good with 80+ arm and fielding and 90+ range. The problem is great fielding SS in FCM have mid 90's arm and range while Jeandron projects more of about average defensively for FCM standards. His speed will help, though, and it'll help what appears to be some nice offensive projections.

Grade: [Image: 4-Stars.png]
Future Skills: 86 Con, 83 Pow, 85 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 7
Scouting File Score: 92.91

03. ATL2 SP Pablo Velcasquez
There was a lot of interesting pitching talent in this draft (mostly #4/5 SP types), but Velcasquez was by far the best. I know Stang was vocal about thinking he received a gift with Velcasquez being on the board, but the talents selected above him are pretty good plus Velcasquez already jumped.

That doesn't mean he doesn't have value, it just means you need to acknowledge the fact that his peak is a little inflated right now. A 94 peak is really a 95 or 96 peak, so if Velcasquez is at a 91 or 92 peak with knowing he won't jump again this season, are you as pumped? He should turn into a fine pitcher and possibly the only pitcher in the draft to have Ace potential, but he's probably taken where he should have.

Future Skills: 87 Con,74 Pow, 90 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 10
Scouting File Score: 90.06

04. :tor3: RF Martin Morrow
He's nearly like Davis at another position. He has loads of power and eye potential as well as possibly being MLB ready sometime in 2062. The unsung thing about him is his defense. He doesn't project to have great range, but still a tick above average. His arm and fielding on the other hand put him near elite.

Future Skills: 82 Con, 91 Pow, 93 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 3
Scouting File Score: 96.10

05. :min2: 3B Eric Vanness
He resembles Greg Davis a lot. However, he doesn't quite project the same. Davis still has the edge on the vitals. Since Vanness is 4 years younger, it will be very interesting to see how Mogul treats both of their development. Because of the age and only a tick off of Davis' projection, I think this is a guy I'd take at #2.

Future Skills: 79 Con, 94 Pow, 91 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 2
Scouting File Score: 97.46

06. :det2: CF Dave Carroll
He'll be good, but I don't think this is any sort of genius, "Look at the great player you got that was overlooked for his lower peak" type of pick. Carroll may have only 2 years to progress, 3 at the max. It's quite risky that if he doesn't hit his jumps (and good jumps at that) then he's probably either just an alright starter or super 4th OF.

Grade: [Image: 3-Stars.png]
Future Skills: 88 Con, 65 Pow, 86 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 14
Scouting File Score: 88.19

07. :stl2: SP Howie Sisco
He's a boom or bust pick and someone I wouldn't have taken any higher than the mid-1st. He does have nice control, but his movement is lagging a little too far behind and 1.41 HR/9 his junior year suggests that it's because he'll have HR problems. How his HRs play out will have a big factor on whether he's a guy that under performs or produces up to expectations.

Grade: [Image: 2-Stars.png]
Future Skills: 83 Con, 82 Pow, 83 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 28
Scouting File Score: 84.55

08. TBR2 SS/2B Jeff Golby
Golby may just be a gem. I know some were scared off by his health. However, he has such great upside while already being MLB quality defensively. His offense profiles as him being a very good on-base guy with decent speed and very smart baserunning. That defense that I mentioned...it just may possess elite-plus range.

Future Skills: 93 Con, 70 Pow, 93 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 9
Scouting File Score: 90.81

09. :hou3: SP Austin Tinsdale
He has the appearance of a really nice build. Good control in comparison with his movement, no HR issues, and a really nice peak. However, he's quite overrated at 70. If he were in the mid 60's it'd be much different, but his vitals are always going to lag behind his overall. And being that he already shows a 93 peak with these projections, I don't think there's much room for improvement to be more than an overrated #4 starter.

Future Skills: 85 Con, 68 Pow, 87 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 27
Scouting File Score: 84.88

10. :chw2: 3B/DH Kyle Jackson
I think he'll probably have to DH, but 3B isn't like the middle infield, where you need to be extremely good in order to play the field. He should walk a ton and will have good power. His contact might be a little iffy and that (along with his defense) is what limits this pick from being a very good selection.

Future Skills: 76 Con, 90 Pow, 98 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 12
Scouting File Score: 89.18

11. ARI2 SP Randy Koopman
I don't have much confidence in him becoming more than a #5 starter and with his lack of control, he'll probably be best suited for the bullpen. With his good Fastball and lower HRs, he'll be a fine option out of the pen, but this is far too early to be taking a non-Closer reliever.

Grade: [Image: 1-Star.png]
Future Skills: 77 Con, 81 Pow, 84 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 55
Scouting File Score: 79.57

12. TBR2 SP Kent Cover
Kent can't. He can't pitch. He's like Koopman, but with HR issues. His vitals look like they project a little better than Poopman, but he still sucks. Quite a wasted pick for such little upside.

Future Skills: 78 Con, 81 Pow, 86 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 30
Scouting File Score: 83.57

13. :phi2: DH Arturo Demalade
He may possibly be an epic bat, but the lower contact stings a little. The fact that he'll be a career DH hurts a little too. However, his power and walk potential still make this a great pick. He has legit #3/4 lineup potential and should have plenty of time to reach his ceiling.

Future Skills: 77 Con, 98 Pow, 91 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 8
Scouting File Score: 92.56

14. :mil2: SP Vance Trice
I initially had him written up as a RP in my scouting file. I think think he'll be better off as a reliever, but if his control miraculously comes around, he could wind up in the rotation. The big problem is that his control isn't that good and I believe it'll have a tough time passing 80. He does have a good heater and his movement should be solid. Just not someone I'd waste my time on in the mid-1st.

Future Skills: 77 Con, 85 Pow, 85 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 73
Scouting File Score: 77.93

15. :oak2: RP Mitch Williford
LOL WHAT!? All of his vitals, pitches, and overall all hover around the mid 50's, so I guess there's that. Beyond that, he projects poorly. He should have good movement, but it'll be a fight just for his control to be 70+. I don't see how he's anything more than a middle RP that you discard once he's arbitration eligible.

Future Skills: 74 Con, 75 Pow, 87 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 134
Scouting File Score: 71.22

16. :bos2: SS Franciso Sontidgo
This is a pretty good SS to have. He's more in line defensively with what starting SS have in FCM. He's got solid speed and looks like he'll walk to a good tune. It's just a question of if he'll do much else that the plate other than walk? I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, though. Extend innings at the plate and play exceptional defense at a premium position is nothing to undervalue in this league.

Future Skills: 78 Con, 66 Pow, 89 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 21
Scouting File Score: 85.87

17. :det2: DH Josh Alston
Aesthetically, he doesn't look very pleasing. Just 67 power and eye with 62 contact. However, that's pretty good for a 56 overall 17 year old kid. Offensively, I think his ceiling could resemble Reggie Horton. And even if not that good, he should have potent bat.

Future Skills: 96 Con, 91 Pow, 86 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 5
Scouting File Score: 93.88

18. :det2: CF Clifford Holly
I understand the thought process, "Get a speedy OF and see if he blossoms." The problem is, I think he's even less hopeful to become a good starter than Dave Carroll. Too much of his eye and contact are tied up into low K's. He is a burner and plays elite defense, but I think he'll become another Albert Detejeda as a super 4th OF that has value, but not quite 1st round substance.

Future Skills: 86 Con, 62 Pow, 78 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 16
Scouting File Score: 86.38

19. :was2: SP Alberto Villima
His control is right on the cusp of where you want it to be on draft day, but considering other options in this draft, he's a match made in heaven. He could be very special if he peaks out around 90. He has a very good Fastball, will have real good movement, and any little HR issue should be worked out in the minors.

Future Skills: 81 Con, 81 Pow, 87 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 18
Scouting File Score: 86.21

20. :bal3: SP Ed Tijuana
It's never good when I don't even bother to spell your name correctly. I would like him a lot more if it wasn't for the high endurance, high health, and fuckton of HRs. But then again, you could say at least 2 of those for a lot of pitchers in the league. He projects to have solid enough vitals, but those HR problems were enough to keep him off my board completely. A 1.79 HR/9 and in the higher HR park of BAL?

Future Skills: 81 Con, 83 Pow, 88 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 19
Scouting File Score: 86.18

21. TBR2 RF Scott Harrison
He's quite the steal, lasting this late in the draft. With his arm projecting above 80 and glovework that'll be above 70, he'll be fine in the outfield. At the dish, he'll have a mighty good stick. His contact should eventually progress past what should still be solid power and he should walk with the best of them.

Future Skills: 92 Con, 87 Pow, 95 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 6
Scouting File Score: 93.08

22. :sdp2: RP Ned Fayworth
He looked better as a 50/84 in the off-season, then jumped + dropped + somethinged into a worse looking 61/84. He looks like pure crap and certainly not something you'd want as a starter and probably not even in the bullpen. He will surely be the most curious case to see what exactly happens to him in his Mogul life.

Future Skills: 74 Con, 73 Pow, 78 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 167
Scouting File Score: 66.09

23. :nym2: DH Raul Ochoa
He has loads of power potential, but is pretty short on contact potential. Even being a lefty, I'm not sure that he'll have contact above 70 vs RHP. That's very dicey to risk a first rounder on.

Future Skills: 69 Con, 98 Pow, 83 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 61
Scouting File Score: 78.66

24. :bos2: 1B Nat Haynes
This guy was 6th on my board! His power and walk potential are through the roof! He can also actually field his position. Maybe it was him being a righty when he fell so low, but Haynes could follow in the footsteps of Juan Bigil. People shouldn't underestimate righty power bats.

Future Skills: 79 Con, 100 Pow, 95 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 4
Scouting File Score: 95.25

25. :laa2: 1B Joey Matthews
He should be a solid bat, but doesn't look like he'll walk a ton or have real impressive power. I think he'll end up a decent #6/7 hitter. Nothing great, but nothing bad either.

Future Skills: 83 Con, 85 Pow, 69 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 17
Scouting File Score: 86.26

26. :nyy2: DH Drew Volz
He should have good power and walk a decent amount, but he's got rough splits and has terrible glovework - not someone I'd trust in the outfield. A good pick this late in what has become a DH heavy draft.

Future Skills: 79 Con, 92 Pow, 81 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 25
Scouting File Score: 85.21

27. :chc2: 3B Eric Grimard
I don't believe his offense will be great with an inflated contact due to lower K's and less than optimal splits, but he'll still be a good starting option with stellar defense. He'll certainly have one of the better arms in the league at the hot corner.

Future Skills: 88 Con, 81 Pow, 79 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 15
Scouting File Score: 86.42

28. :mia: DH Tod Housden
Drastic splits for a guy who can't walk and only starts with 55 contact isn't a recipe for success. His power should be solid, but in the end, he looks like a platoon vs LHP DH. Woo-eee.

Future Skills: 73 Con, 90 Pow, 77 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 51
Scouting File Score: 80.13

29. :lad2: SP Jason Christiansen
He falls in suit with all of the other, highly overrated arms in this draft. His high health hurts his projections. He may become #5 material, but you can probably do better and Christiansen will stand as a dime a dozen reliever instead.

Future Skills: 80 Con, 72 Pow, 81 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 67
Scouting File Score: 78.41

30. CLE2 1B Clay Jones
I believe people psych themselves out into believing they MUST take players at premium positions and let good hitters drop. This seems to be a common theme of the drafts. There's nothing wrong with trying to get a SP, CF, or 2B/SS, but I believe it's wrong to force the issue when there's a good bat on the board. Jones should have excellent power and walk a lot while being a lefty helps his average contact projection.

Future Skills: 78 Con, 96 Pow, 92 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 11
Scouting File Score: 89.61

31. :oak2: SP Gabriel Whitted
He's alright, but has already jumped and doesn't look as appealing when you consider him as a low 80's peak. There's a good chance for him to beat his projection since he's just 19. He has a good Change and despite a poor HR/9 in 2060, his good GB% and higher power suggests it to be an anomaly. Still, there were better options at this spot.

Future Skills: 77 Con, 75 Pow, 80 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 100
Scouting File Score: 75.34
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
[Image: IefbKGA.png]