• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2058 Nokes Draft Grades
The Rank and Score are from my Scouting File. The Future Skills is calculated based off of their perceived upside on draft dray. Below is a table of where the talent falls.

GradeScoreCriteria
A+95.0Elite
A92.5
A-90.0Well Above
B+87.5
B85.0Above
B-82.5
C+80.0Avg
C77.5
C-75.0Below
D+72.5
D70.0Well Above
D-67.5
F65.0Poor

01. :bos2: 1B Alan McGaw
McGaw looks a lot like Shane McGee and projects like him as well. The big question is if he, unlike McGee, can sustain and be a consistent threat. He'll have elite power and eye to go along with already elite defense and what will be bordering on elite contact.

Grade: [Image: 5-Stars.png]
Future Skills: 93 Con, 94 Pow, 98 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 1
Scouting File Score: 96.96

02. :pit2: SS Keith Gill
He should be very good, but there's questions about how much he'll help offensively. He has limited time to develop and his contact isn't likely to get beyond the mid 80's. He does have solid speed and projects to walk a good amount as well. His defense projects to be near-elite (yes, even vitals like that aren't quite elite in FCM), so even if the contact doesn't develop beyond the mid 80's, he'll still be very valuable.

Grade: [Image: 4-Stars.png]
Future Skills: 86 Con, 66 Pow, 95 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 7
Scouting File Score: 90.17

03. :tex2: SP Valerio Huchmala
I'm not totally sold on him. He could have some of the best movement out of this draft class, but with a 94 peak, it's not entirely shocking. He's got what looks like an elite Fastball and pretty good Cutter, but the control is what is concerning. It seems to me, he has to hit very close to his draft day peak to truly be starter material. If he just barely breaks the 90 plateau, I think he's a high movement reliever.

Grade: [Image: 3-Stars.png]
Future Skills: 81 Con, 81 Pow, 92 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 3
Scouting File Score: 92.09

04. :chw2: C Esteban Hinojoza
Catching prospects have seemed to have turned into all offense or all defense. So getting a backstop that can do both is great. He should have very good power and an eye that will walk a lot. His contact is a little concerning, but there should be plenty of time for it to get comfortably into the mid 70's.

Future Skills: 77 Con, 92 Pow, 83 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 10
Scouting File Score: 89.14

05. :sdp2: RF Noberto Fregozo
Decker may have walked into a gift here. It's not just his hitting potential that makes him maybe the 2nd or 3rd best prospect in the draft, it's also his defense. You don't tend to find as polished of defenders and Fregozo is AND be able to hit. His power looks like it could be elite and he should walk a ton. It's also an added bonus that his splits aren't very harsh and he should be viable vs lefties.

Future Skills: 82 Con, 96 Pow, 95 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 5
Scouting File Score: 91.80

06. :bal3: SP Saduharu Doi
I do not like him at all. He gives up a ton of home runs and his endurance + health suggest a lot of his overall and peak are eaten by those 90's ratings. He should have very good control to go with solid power and will probably have decent movement, but the vitals won't represent a top 10 pick while homers will always be his Achilles Heel and render him just an innings eater.

Grade: [Image: 1-Star.png]
Future Skills: 89 Con, 83 Pow, 85 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 8
Scouting File Score: 90.14

07. TBR2 CF Rafael Gonzalez
This is a pretty good pick. While Gonzalez doesn't have great speed, it should still get into the mid 80's. His contact should soar in development and will be a good ranging OF. The one drawback is he tries to steal way too much for his own good and, overall, is not a good base runner.

Future Skills: 91 Con, 66 Pow, 86 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 26
Scouting File Score: 87.44

08. :col2: SP Max Nick
He should wind up with solid vitals across the board and the movement should really take off. The one concerning thing is the home runs, they're quite high. But he is just 16, so there's time to fix the issues. If there's enough time, then he could be very good. But if not, then he'll be very average and maybe worse in Colorado.

Future Skills: 87 Con, 76 Pow, 90 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 11
Scouting File Score: 89.10

09. :chw2: 1B Brad Humphreys
Being just 17, he has the potential to become a very dangerous hitter. He should have a great power + eye combo that results in many home runs and walks - making him a good middle of the order bat.

Future Skills: 79 Con, 93 Pow, 96 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 27
Scouting File Score: 87.21

10. :det2: DH Antonio Zamorez
I'm just not real high on him. Yes, I realize he'll hit a lot of homers. However, I notice something that I think many overlooked - doubles are almost non-existent with him. While he may hit 35 home runs, he could only hit for 10-15 doubles. I'm not sure that the high homer totals is more valuable than 30/25 power from someone who can play the field.

Grade: [Image: 2-Stars.png]
Future Skills: 72 Con, 99 Pow, 86 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 50
Scouting File Score: 83.26

11. :phi2: 1B Marv Haworth
I think he's got a shot to be an elite bat. He'll hit for power and walk, that's for sure. But just how much will the contact develop? The scouting file says it will take off, and if it's correct, he just may be the perfect replacement to the Phillies trading Rico Tavin.

Future Skills: 94 Con, 92 Pow, 92 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 12
Scouting File Score: 88.97

12. :stl2: CF Howie Dow
I understand the logic, but I think there's a better speed guy for CF. I'm not convinced that he's a great leadoff option either. His eye is what concerns me. It's not that great and it appears most of it is tied up into not striking out rather than drawing walks. That also plays into his contact being a bit overrated. Though he may be an elite defender with blazing speed and good base running skills, so he should still be valuable. I just doubt he'll be great.

Future Skills: 87 Con, 63 Pow, 79 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 23
Scouting File Score: 87.86

13. :hou3: 1B Rudy Tucker
First base continues to be loaded with talent. Tucker is different from the rest as he looks to be a very high contact guy who won't have great power (but still good). While he won't be the amazing bat that you crave, he will be a very strong contributor.

Future Skills: 96 Con, 86 Pow, 87 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 19
Scouting File Score: 88.27

14. :mia: SP Agustin Deleon
He's a very good prospect, maybe the best SP in the draft. His vitals project very well, but one thing that concerns me is the 13 HRs his freshman. Even though it was long in the past, Mogul doesn't tend to put things like that in the stat lines unless they mean something. Even so, he has a dominant Fastball and should strike out a lot of batters. If he gets into the 90's, he could be top of the rotation material.

Future Skills: 84 Con, 85 Pow, 87 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 6
Scouting File Score: 90.95

15. :nyy2: C Brian Winright
If he had a really good arm, I think he'd have been top 5 talent. He's still talented defensively, but speed is a premium in this league and a big arm is the great equalizer to a speedy lineup. His offense should really carry him though as he should have an elite eye to go along with solid contact and power. And he actually has some speed. Quite fast for a catcher in fact.

Future Skills: 89 Con, 85 Pow, 96 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 2
Scouting File Score: 93.27

16. :sfg2: CF Hideki Takai
He's alright, but he's already jumped and his health takes away from some of his upside. He's much like Dow. He should have good contact, speed, and eye. He should be solid, but I doubt he'll be great.

Future Skills: 85 Con, 67 Pow, 85 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 29
Scouting File Score: 86.60

17. :min2: SP Roger Tripcony
I'm a little surprised that he fell this late. He looks like he'll be a high movement pitcher and have solid enough control to go with better than normal power. Maybe it's the HRs/GB% where people passed on him. But he's just 17, and has plenty of time to have them non-issues.

Future Skills: 83 Con, 81 Pow, 89 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 4
Scouting File Score: 92.07

18. :tor3: SP Juan Hernandez
Zero interest in him. His vitals just don't look very good for his overall, he has very high health, and he's already jumped. Right now, he looks like a guy you hope can be a long reliever/spot starter.

Grade: [Image: 1-Star.png]
Future Skills: 74 Con, 73 Pow, 79 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 136
Scouting File Score: 72.66

19. :oak2: 3B Hakatoko Uenohara
I'm not sold on him becoming a great hitting option, but he should definitely be very good defensively. His offense won't be a total loss. He may end up with good vitals, but with a 3 drop vs RHP, he'll struggle to hit up to those vitals.

Future Skills: 84 Con, 84 Pow, 82 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 16
Scouting File Score: 88.59

20. :pit2: SP Tom Houser
On the surface I like him. I don't hate high endurance, but paired with high health and it drains excitement about a player. He has a nice opening build, but I think he peters out as barely a 5th SP option and more of a relief option.

Future Skills: 78 Con, 84 Pow, 80 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 44
Scouting File Score: 84.19

21. ARI2 SP Louis Greany
His vitals look very lackluster for his overall. He could be useful as a bottom of the rotation starter, but I think he looks like in line of what you expect from a reliever. And at a 93 peak, there's not much room to say, "If he exceeds his peak, he could be good."

Future Skills: 78 Con, 83 Pow, 83 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 32
Scouting File Score: 86.25

22. :mil2: DH/LF Darryl Searson
I really like his bat. He projects to have very nice vitals. He doesn't look elite, but he'll hit 20-25 HRs and walk a good 75+ times. The one question is defense. He may be good enough to play the field, but he won't be the ideal option. Overall, this is a nice value bat to get this late in the first round.

Future Skills: 91 Con, 88 Pow, 90 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 20
Scouting File Score: 88.22

23. :sea2: C Joe White
He's a very good defensive catcher, but is somewhat limited offensively. All three hitting vitals may get to 80+, but he has a 3 drop vitals split vs RHP. However, the defense carries him and makes him a good pick at this spot.

Future Skills: 82 Con, 81 Pow, 80 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 17
Scouting File Score: 88.47

24. :chc2: CF Trey Nugent
He's a big risk. On one hand, he has tremendous power potential to go along with a very high walk rate and good defense. But on the other hand is a big drawback - contact. He'll be struggling to get his contact vs RHP above 70. He's simply a fine line between being great and being a 4th OF.

Future Skills: 70 Con, 93 Pow, 90 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 56
Scouting File Score: 82.73

25. :det2: CF Ivan Velasquez
He's the better CF option (than Dow). It's rare for an OF in FCM to have 90+ fielding, range, and a good arm as well. He may wind up the elite of elite defensive CFs. I don't think he'll walk a ton, but will still see a decent amount of free passes to make him a very good leadoff option.

Future Skills: 88 Con, 60 Pow, 81 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 30
Scouting File Score: 86.49

26. :kcr2: SP Gil Marin
Usually I dog these type of builds. Generally speaking, when control is vastly ahead of movement on draft day, it suggests while the pitcher won't walk many, he'll get lit up like a Christmas tree with homers or a high OBA. The high OBA is certainly a possibility, but nothing in his profile suggests that he'll give up a lot of dingers. He'll have a dominant Circle Change and if you deploy a great middle infield, they'll eat up a lot of would be hits. He should have been taken much sooner.

Future Skills: 97 Con, 73 Pow, 87 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 24
Scouting File Score: 87.68

27. CLE2 SP Manny Canaba
I'm pretty high on this guy and I think he fell mostly due to his lower peak. However, even if he just hits around 83 he looks better than 3 of the 4 pitchers taken ahead of him. As it stands he should have pretty good vitals and if he gets into the upper 80's or 90's, he could be very good.

Future Skills: 84 Con, 78 Pow, 84 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 22
Scouting File Score: 87.93

28. TBR2 SP Ciff Miller
The run of pitchers taken later than they should continues. I debated him over Canaba, but I think his control to movement difference could be an issue as his HRs look a tad high. He should still be very good as he's young and should have a ton of time to develop.

Future Skills: 88 Con, 73 Pow, 85 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 18
Scouting File Score: 88.30

29. :laa2: 3B Juan Navarro
He won't likely be great offensively, but he'll be elite defensively. He is pretty young and if his development booms, he may be better than Uenohara. The late 1st is looking like there are better value picks than the mid 1st round.

Future Skills: 82 Con, 78 Pow, 86 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 9
Scouting File Score: 89.70

30. :lad2: 2B/SS Pat O'Neal
I like him, but I'm concerned with the fact that he has limited upside, which could mean that he peaks out early. And he also looks to have jumped already and as a low 80s peak, he just isn't as appealing. Still, we don't know how much his peak will drop when he ages. He does look pretty good defensively (he should be able to play SS) and the offense has a chance to come around.

Future Skills: 83 Con, 64 Pow, 86 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 35
Scouting File Score: 85.83

31. ATL2 2B/SS Reagan Lazenbatt
He looks real good up until the point of seeing his drastic 5 drop splits. , With high health, I really question if he'll be very good offensively. He'll be good in the field (and can play SS), but again, with the drastic splits he looks like someone who'll be a super platoon extraordinaire rather than legit starting material.

Future Skills: 81 Con, 64 Pow, 82 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 34
Scouting File Score: 85.98
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
All picks finished