• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agents signing their own players
DJ just signed three guys to his own team, unless someone can tell me otherwise that someone else was acting as McInnis. I'm not a big fan of this at all. Not saying the contracts were low, but DJ can fit the exact amounts that fit his budget.

And the conversation with himself and himself on the Tegarden signing just gave me a headache. I didn't read the whole thing but what I saw looked like a lot of BS stupid fluff that wasn't funny at all.

Though unless someone could prove otherwise that DJ negotiated with someone else? But in my eyes it looks like he just signed three guys with himself, and if we can't do that, then he shouldn't either.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
Jordan, I think this is something that you should A) make sure you are correct before making a post that may ruffle feathers and/or B) discuss with Scotty and DJ in a private fashion. I would be very surprised if DJ did the negotiation of contracts with himself.

Sean
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
I honestly don't even know where to begin. First and foremost, I'm not mad and don't want this response to be read as if it were written in anger. I know text is toneless and my tone is far from upset.

Everything I do as an admin I try to make 100% transparent. That's why I post all the negotiations unless a GM requests they remain private (which has only been once and it was due to the fact the correspondence did include private information about the Franchise).

I didn't play my own agent. I'd never do anything like that.

You and every GM who's had any frustrations with the agent should read those exchanges. I know I'm biased, but I think they're a solid model for deals worked out with McInnis. I can understand rolling your eyes if you thought I was talking to myself, but I wasn't and they were contracts negotiated in good faith by both parties.

I'm never opposed to being questioned about cheating. It's inevitable running a league especially when your team is having success. When it comes to league business I"ll always try to handle myself with class, dignity and an open mind. Like Sean hinted at, maybe this post wasn't made in that vein Jordan. I don't think questions need to be private but I would appreciate not being judged before given a chance to prove I'm innocent.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
Well I do not believe those contracts are unfair, they look like fair prices.

But if I read what you said correctly, someone else was McInnis?

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »