• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2057 Nokes Draft Grades
The Rank and Score are from my Scouting File. The Future Skills is calculated based off of their perceived upside on draft dray. Below is a table of where the talent falls.

GradeScoreCriteria
A+95.0Elite
A92.5
A-90.0Well Above
B+87.5
B85.0Above
B-82.5
C+80.0Avg
C77.5
C-75.0Below
D+72.5
D70.0Well Above
D-67.5
F65.0Poor

01. :sdp2: SS Umberto Garcia
I really liked him pre-draft, but he dropped a little (from 75/92) since the FA file and it sours things a tad. He'll obviously be great defensively, and I think the offense will come around to a tolerable amount. I just get a weary of players who dropped as it could mean they'll never jump this season. Even if he fails, he should still be startable with his defense being so great at a premium position. I can't totally fault Decker for making this pick still, it just knocks the grade a little.

Grade: [Image: 4-Stars.png]
Future Skills: 83 Con, 64 Pow, 93 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 19
Scouting File Score: 86.94

02. :pit2: 1B Tim Duvaut
If Duvaut reaches his 93 Peak, he'll be insanely good. The problem is whenever I see a guy have a projected peak no higher than the mid 70's contact, it makes me a little uneasy. He is aided by being a lefty, but if that contact doesn't at least reach 72, I'm not sure he mashes like his Power and Eye suggest. That's the only thing holding his grade back. If his Contact hits in the 70's, he mashes.

Future Skills: 75 Con, 99 Pow, 100 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 1
Scouting File Score: 92.99

03. :bos2: SP David Crowell
I fell like his build is about perfect for what you what on Draft Day. His Control and Power are a good deal above his Overall, he's got a couple of good pitches, and he has a boat load of upside. I didn't look at the class much, but I think he's the best pitching prospect in the draft.

Grade: [Image: 5-Stars.png]
Future Skills: 86 Con, 80 Pow, 91 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 2
Scouting File Score: 91.69

04. :cin2: SP Phil Egan
I'm not sure what to think of him. On one had he looks like someone who profiles a good strikeout pitcher with a dominant Fastball, but on the other hand, I'm concerned with the Control and Movement being even on Draft Day and it suggesting that his Control just doesn't develop like his Amateur K/BB ratio suggests. He'll certainly be someone interesting to watch develop.

Grade: [Image: 3-Stars.png]
Future Skills: 81 Con, 84 Pow, 87 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 19
Scouting File Score: 87.15

05. :bal3: 2B Mike Hansen
At first, I thought this was a missed pick, but once I ran the numbers, I really like him. He's just 17, so the defense should get a decent amount better (possibly all 80's). I doubt he walks much, but Power won't be non-existent, and his Contact has a lot of room to grow. I would peg him as a Kyle Wright type offensively.

Future Skills: 90 Con, 81 Pow, 83 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 5
Scouting File Score: 90.84

06. :mia: RP Jonah McNeeley
I would compare him to Bernie Helyar and hokey would probably like that. But I also don't think Helyar will be optimal starting material. I really question McNeeley's Control and his HRs look god awful during his Soph and Junior years. You might say, "But during his Frosh and Senior years, they're good." You'd be right, but Mogul doesn't put awful stats in the Ammy years unless they mean something.

Grade: [Image: 2-Stars.png]
Future Skills: 74 Con, 87 Pow, 81 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 90
Scouting File Score: 78.20

07. TBR2 DH Dee Gilliart
He has a few things really working against him. He's not that good defensively, his high Health hurts his potential, and his Eye doesn't profile to walk much. He's got good Contact and solid Power. I just doubt the Power gets to the fun, happy, DH levels. He'll be a solid bat for the future, but there's better bats available. I'd probably aroundabout agree with the file's ranking on him.

Grade: [Image: 1-Star.png]
Future Skills: 90 Con, 85 Pow, 76 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 31
Scouting File Score: 85.46

08. :min2: SP Paul Hempton
He's very good. At just 16, he has nice Control to go along with 2 very good pitches and overall the initial build that suggests he could wind up extremely good. And that's pretty much it. He's a guy that I agree with the ranking and projections from the file and Rumble got himself a player better than the last couple of picks.

Future Skills: 86 Con, 75 Pow, 91 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 3
Scouting File Score: 91.58

09. :hou3: 1B Donald Wright
His Power and Eye should be very good. But like Duvaut, I question his Contact. And with him being a righty, it getting to the mid 70's becomes a much greater necessity. If he gets there, he's a fantastic pick. If he doesn't then he won't be able to hit RHP very well. Plus even though he's already aged, he's also already jumped. It's a high risk, high reward pick. To me, that hurts the grade a little.

Future Skills: 75 Con, 93 Pow, 92 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 33
Scouting File Score: 84.57

10. :tex2: 1B Alex Williams
I like him better than Wright. It's true Williams probably has borderline 90 Power, so his Power/Eye combo won't be as epic as Wright's, but Willliams' Contact will have no problem getting into the 80's, let alone messing around with the mid 70's tango. He's a guy who should drill pitchers while playing adequate defense at 1B.

Future Skills: 95 Con, 91 Pow, 87 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 6
Scouting File Score: 90.17

11. :pit2: CF Pete Strafford
He's like a poor man's Keith Oshel. He's already jumped, but his potential is still pretty good. He's very good defensively, can run a bit, and may have good gap power to go with his fantastic Contact. I don't care about the Health. It's better to use a very good player in 130 games than an average player in 150 games. Had I actually done my usual moving players in my scouting file to the correct position, he'd have scored much higher.

Future Skills: 97 Con, 68 Pow, 87 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 26
Scouting File Score: 85.98

12. :stl2: 1B Benito Carsolad
Yes, his true Power won't develop near as much as Contact and Carsolad will likely have Contact considerably higher than his Power (that will probably never be great). However, I think some are too quick to write him off. Are we so quick to forget Adam Dahlstrom? He never had elite Power, but put up great numbers for Arizona. Carsolad's pop should be better and should hit for a very good average as well.

Future Skills: 94 Con, 87 Pow, 86 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 7
Scouting File Score: 89.35

13. TBR2 SP Dale Breese
This is a reach at this point. He's good, but I'm not sure he's worth more than a late 1st. He should have good Movement and a nice repertoire. What I'm uneasy about is his Control. The prospect file says it should be solid enough, but right now his Control is at the point where it could either develop as expected or not develop a ton with his Movement being so close. There were a lot better pitchers available.

Grade: [Image: 1-Star.png]
Future Skills: 80 Con, 75 Pow, 88 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 11
Scouting File Score: 88.11

14. :pit2: 2B/3B Jorge Questell
I'm torn on him. The projections say his vitals should be good, but he has the most drastic splits that I've ever seen in Mogul. If he reaches his current Peak, then he should be fine. But if he falls short then he may be mediocre vs RHP. Then again if he plays 2B and is the badass that he looks defensively, it might not matter. While I don't love him, there's enough there to not hate on him either.

Future Skills: 91 Con, 78 Pow, 79 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 4
Scouting File Score: 91.22

15. TBR2 SP Glenn Jenkins
I have 2 questions with him. 1) Will his Control get there? Because mid 70's Control sometimes sputters. 2) Will his HRs be an issue? Because in High School, he got lit up! The good news is that he's 17 and has a ton (35) of upside. There's plenty of room to grow, there's just a lot of unknowns with him.

Future Skills: 80 Con, 74 Pow, 87 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 12
Scouting File Score: 87.94

16. :pit2: RF Jose Martinez
This could be a quite underrated pick here. Martinez, while older, has a fine base of offensive skills and could develop into a great hitter. He hasn't jumped yet and with a good Arm, should be capable defensively. The potential is there for him to be one hell of a player.

Future Skills: 93 Con, 87 Pow, 85 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 18
Scouting File Score: 87.25

17. TBR2 SP Jamie Blankenbeker
I like him better than the Rays first 2 pitchers. Yes, he's raw just like the other 2, but he doesn't have the same issues. His Control isn't so close to his Movement, his pitches look very good, and he doesn't look like he'll have a home run issue. It's certainly nitpicking builds, but I think he has a better chance to be very good than the other 2.

Future Skills: 82 Con, 76 Pow, 87 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 13
Scouting File Score: 87.88

18. :phi2: SP Ben Straight
I see 2 things that are concerning. He dropped and his HRs for his year in college are very high. However, he had good college numbers and should have a dominant Fastball and a very good Slider. If the drop doesn't hurt him and his HRs aren't terrible, he could be very good. He'll certainly strikeout a good a number of batters and should have solid Control as well.

Future Skills: 82 Con, 86 Pow, 85 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 14
Scouting File Score: 87.82

19. :sfg2: CF Albert Rodriguez
Yes, I know his parents screwed up his name, but I'm going to hope Andy fixes instead of leaving screwed up names. He's very interesting. He's quite good defensively and has a ton of Power and should walk a lot. However, him being useful offensively rests on his ability to get his contact into the mid 70's. As-is I don't think he gets any higher than 72, which leaves his Contact vs RHP a very unsettling 70. Winterball would be good with him and could mean the difference in him being Murray McManahan or your usual super platoon vs LHP guy.

Future Skills: 72 Con, 96 Pow, 85 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 46
Scouting File Score: 82.37

20. :chw2: SP Todd Wieman
I think he (along with Albert, above) may be the epitome of this draft class. The talent in this class is very "intriguing." On one hand you can visualize the player turning out great, but at the same time on the other hand, you think it could go horribly wrong. Wieman's K/BB ratio makes me think his Control could develop at a better rate than the standard progression flow. If it does, then he's going to be a very, very good pitcher.

Future Skills: 79 Con, 72 Pow, 90 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 64
Scouting File Score: 81.39

21. :chc2: SP Oscar Solarzano
At first I thought this guy was heavily overrated, but the more I look at him, I like him. I don't think he'll be dominant, but he should have strong vitals and be heavily reliable. For as much buzz as these types usually generate, I'm surprised he lasted this long. Judging by what's already gone off the board at SP, I think he's quite the steal.

Future Skills: 88 Con, 69 Pow, 88 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 10
Scouting File Score: 88.30

22. :pit2: RF/LF Kevin Hilliard
I really like his potential as a hitter. He could very well be 80+ across the board, including Speed. His defense doesn't look like it'll be anything special, but that 80+ Speed will help make him a viable option in the field. He's a guy to really like and feel comfortable that you'll get something out of.

Future Skills: 86 Con, 84 Pow, 86 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 24
Scouting File Score: 86.20

23. ARI2 2B/3B Steve Hill
I have a hard time getting really excited about him. I feel like he'll be an empty average hitter (and one that always hits below what his Contact suggests), but he does play exceptional defense at either 3B or 2B and he has some speed. He's a Pythagoreanist's dream. He'll save a lot of runs and he won't be complete shit in the batter's box.

Future Skills: 94 Con, 71 Pow, 79 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 9
Scouting File Score: 88.59

24. :cin2: SP Tom Denny
I'm not extremely high about Denny and while you don't want to circle the wagons around a player's Peak rating, there's just something about him and his 90 Peak. He's got solid vitals and his K/BB ratio is nice. He could have a very nice Fastball to set up a nice repertoire. The key will be his HRs. He looks like he could give up too many and you can't exactly count on that Control to come around better than expected.

Future Skills: 77 Con, 78 Pow, 87 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 75
Scouting File Score: 80.29

25. :chw2: 2B/3B Bob Burden
He possibly has enough Range to stay at 2B, but I think he makes a better 3B with his upper 90's Arm and Fielding at the hot corner. His Contact and Eye will never be great, but they should be tolerable enough to go with tremendous Power. He'll be a guy who'll struggle to hit .240 or walk 30 times, but will hit 30+ homers.

Future Skills: 77 Con, 93 Pow, 75 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 16
Scouting File Score: 87.62

26. :det2: SP Ariel Crowley
He's very good. His build is a lot like Crowell, just not as much Draft Day upside. He's got the same nice initial build, solid Control, and a pitch that should be very good. I think he'll end up better than a few of the pitchers taken ahead of him.

Future Skills: 82 Con, 77 Pow, 83 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 17
Scouting File Score: 87.56

27. TBR2 LF/RF Abraham Martindale
He's a decent enough defender to play the field, but he has already jumped and I wonder how much upside he has. He could wind up with 80+ Contact, Power, and Eye. However, I think he could peak out in a few years and be decent rather than really good

Future Skills: 87 Con, 84 Pow, 82 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 21
Scouting File Score: 86.74

28. TBR2 DH Lewis MacFadden
I think I like him better than PR's pick at #6. While he is a little older, we've already seen him age and I think there's a reasonable expectation that he doesn't peak until he's 25. Overall, I think his bat will be better than Gillart's as Mac will have the ability to walk a little bit.

Future Skills: 89 Con, 84 Pow, 84 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 27
Scouting File Score: 85.85

29. :was2: RP Ricky Toth
Unless he far exceeds his current Peak, he'll have to relieve. I don't see his Control profoundly improving. He should wind up with solid Power and Movement to go with a pair of good pitches to make a solid bullpen piece.

Future Skills: 76 Con, 80 Pow, 86 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 38
Scouting File Score: 83.51

30. :oak2: SP Tony Waters
Despite being older, we've seen him age already and it suggests that he probably won't peak out until after 25. His build isn't too inspiring, but I think there's a reasonable expectation that he's starter material. His Control should get close to 80 while his Power and Movement should both be above that benchmark.

Future Skills: 77 Con, 82 Pow, 81 Mov
Scouting File Rank: 82
Scouting File Score: 79.18

31. TBR2 2B Jose Ramirez
He looks way too much like James Hoffman, who went to Boston last season, for me to get excited about him. Ramirez should have very good Contact and Eye, but without Speed, Power, or Defense to go a long with it, I'm not sure he's worth much.

Future Skills: 93 Con, 63 Pow, 97 Eye
Scouting File Rank: 23
Scouting File Score: 86.50
Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
Done