• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2056 Draft Review Requests
As I said in my AL Central Draft review thread if anyone wants to make an request and have me review them I will do so just pc me if I'm on or pm me.

Toronto Blue Jays GM Corey :TOR:

3rd round pick 29 Overall 89th

SP Nelson Saralegui 19 years old 55/77

He’s a righty so that’s a nice start in a very much lefty pitching heavy draft. All vitals are above his overall with nothing too far away from the other so if things go right he could develop into a solid piece for the rotation. He kept the ball in the park even having a season where he didn’t give up a single homer. The only knock I can see is that his third pitch is very weak but it should improve to be passable. Solid pick here.

4th round pick 28 Overall 118th

SP Paul Nash 19 years old 50/75

I’m a little bit torn on this guy. His vitals are above his overall. His control is the dominant vitals but He’s in between being a starter or being a reliever. If you choose to keep him a starter his endurance should grow some in lou of his power likely decreasing some. If you choose to make him an rp who knows how the conversion will go. He may not have the health to last as a starter. Home runs may be an issue with him as well. It was an ok pick at this point in the draft.

5th round pick 25 Overall 145th

SS Mario Gutierrez 20 years old 67/73

Not a bad time to select a defensive whiz. He will steal a few bags for you if he can manage to upgrade his bat from t-ball level. Could very well peak by his next birthday but guys like this hold value and I can see him being shipped out at some point for a late pick.

6th round pick 21 Overall 171st

C Rob Waller 20 years old 63/74

When we are scrapping the bottom of the barrel at this point I can forgive that he’s an old 20. His splits worry me though and he will likely never have enough defense to even be a backup bit for what was left it was solid.

Overall comment: For the picks you had you made it work. I’ll give you a grade of a B. Hard to give any more when you only had late picks that likely will never be a star.

San Fransico Giants GM Vertigo :SFG:

1st round pick 17

LF Matt Desforges 22 years old 68/89

I’m really not a big fan of this pick. He’s already 22 and that range is really going to hurt him. To get respectable it would need to hit 75 and I don’t see that happening given how little defensive skills improve in mogul. He does redeem himself in the field since he has a good arm and despite his poor fielding rating he has 80 glove work so the balls he can get to he should be able to catch. You could get away with sticking him in the field but it’s not something you should aim to do. This means he is going to need to rake to make it worth your while and he has shown flashes that he can do just that. He will stay healthy and with a little bit of luck you could have yourself a nice role player.

2nd round pick 23 Overall 53rd

2B Alain Weaver 18 years old 65/80

If he can get to 80 across the board on defense you can play him in the field otherwise don’t do it. He has low health so at least that means his peak is a true 80. He’s young enough to where I think he can get his contact and power to good enough levels to start and his eye is already solid. Don’t expect him to steal any bags for you though. This is a key thing; if all he’s going to do is get on base he’s just a bench player. If he can develop some defense though he is starter material.

3rd round pick 16 Overall 76th

CF Chris Jenks 18 years old 62/81

He really intrigues me. From what I’ve been able to gather over the years is that having power hitting CF is very hard to come by. With that said there is a reason for it. The ones who do come along seem to be all power and no contact. To boot he will have to be platooned but at least he can play the good side of the platoon. His arm needs to get to an 80 to really play him in CF but you may be able to play him at DH if he develops. His birthday is coming which also adds some extra danger. It’s a good pick if it pays off but it has huge bust potential too.

4th round pick 29 Overall 119th

1B Nino Riesleite 20 years old 66/74

He is a young 20 as he just had his birthday so that’s a good start. His defense is lacking but his offense could be good if it comes around. He had good numbers his final 2 years in high school. He is either going to break out and jump back to his 80 peak and go beyond or he will peak out in 2 years.

Overall comment: Everything but your first round pick was solid. That is going to cost in the grade department though. Grade B-.

Nice, thanks for doing this Mike.

It's funny, I like my 1st 2 picks and not so much my 2nd 2. You seem more the other way around.
Division Champions:
League Champions:
World Series Champions:
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »