• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
League Revenues
I talked to a few people and heard a few concerns, so we'll hold off on dropping the revenues -10% until after next season.

But this is something we'll have to do. Our cash and revenues have reversed the positive trend the last few years and that needs to be correct, if even for a short time. Some quick data:

Under current rules:

141M avg Revenue and 122M avg budget.

Under the -10% drop:

123M avg revenue and 106M avg budget

So it may require some belt tightening by many so I want to give you a year to consider that. If you want an estimate of your particular team's likely changes, just contact me.
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
i honestly think this is a knee-jerk reaction. when i first joined mid-way through the 2042 season, it was rough with the cash and all the money teams were gonna make, and the league has done things in the last few years to help solve this problem. but this last season, most of the teams weren't making much money (because they were spending money on their own guys and FA's) and most teams were even losing money. we had only a few teams in the entire file that were making a lot of money, and most of them were either rebuilding teams or teams like the d-backs that weren't spending as much as they could spend. and with that, you'll always have those teams with a lot of cash in the file. but that cash will start dwindling from those teams.

i really do not feel this is a problem at all. if you wanna do it then fine, if it's to have more quality players on the FA market (since player demands are +20%) then ok that's fine, otherwise i don't really understand why change this. just seems knee-jerk to me.
Trends:

Year Avg. Budgt Avg. Revenue Avg. Payroll Avg. Cash
2045 139M 159M 112M 58M
2048 124M 144M 103M 54M
2050 122M 142M 102M 43M
2052 120M 139.5M 103M 45M
2053 118M 138M 100M 47.5M
2054 122.M 141M 98.6M 53.9M
2055 122M 142m 103.5M 55.9M
2056 132M 150M

Some sims are heading the wrong way on this, others aren't. -20% is harsh and I'm not a fan of it either, but things are reversing the wrong way.

If the increase next year isn't significant we'll stay put, but if it continues to increase (some sims were showing revenues over 150M) then we may have no choice. I don't understand why mogul can't stay consistent, but if it doesn't we'll have to adjust.

I'd rather people be ready for it and know it may be coming. Feel free to watch the finances tab yourself, but I'd rather catch things before the spiral out of control. If they stay around 140M there won't be a change.
AL Champion 12 times
after sim 13, 2055:

with the salary demands at +20% now, i think that will help a lot and keep cash down. the league had 11 teams negative in projected profit, so those teams weren't making money during the year.

the rebuilding teams that were making cash and had positive projected revenue were 7 teams: Boston, Cleveland, Minnesota, New York Yankees, Texas, Florida, and San Diego. so that's a total of 11 + 7 = 18 teams rebuilding or losing cash. now let's take a look at the other 12 teams and see what is going on.

Arizona - they made a ton of cash and had a lot of projected revenue, because they had a $61.5 mil team payroll, so when that happens, teams will make a lot of cash.

Los Angeles Dodgers - they have a big revenue, but still shows them with only 24 mil projected profit for that 2055 season. you'll always have teams like that being able to do this if they want, but it's not worth hurting a Pit team revenue (Pit is just an example, they don't speak for all the small revenues). with the +20% salary demands, which hasn't been implemented for too long and not being able to offer contract extensions until July is moving in the right direction, but we need more time for this to take hold.

New York Mets - they are somewhat rebuilding now, but they lose a good bit in revenue sharing too. and they also didn't spend nearly what they could have.

Philadelphia - only showed them at $1.9 million projected revenue, so they spent what they could.

St. Louis - only showed them at $1.6 million projected revenue, so they spent what they could as well.

Baltimore - showed them at $23.3 mil projected revenue, but again they could have spent more too, but as we know, most teams like to have some cushion and not always spend every last dollar they have.

Detroit - showed tham at $14.4 mil projected revenue. but, they are another one of the big thumpers with the revenues, but they spent a lot on their team and saved some back.

Houston - they are kind of in the rebuilding/going for it mode. so they did make a good bit, but not sure where they are at yet either.

Kansas City - showed them at $23.9 million projected revenue, but they aren't a large revenue team, and with mike, he'll def spend in the future.

Los Angeles Angels - they had a good bit of money they could have spent in what was their 1st year of making playoffs in a long time, i expect they'll spend a lot in the future for this to not be a problem.

Oakland - showed them at only $9.4 million projected revenue, so they spent about what they could.

Toronto - showed them at $16.6 million projected revenue

most teams were at $16 mil or less projected revenue, but that's good, most teams if they can won't go over budget so they can make some cash for future use, when they do go over. we also have WB that gets cash out of the file for some of these teams. the +20% salary demands and July 1st (being first time able to do extensions) will start to help with this more.

so what i'm trying to say is even with revenue possibly increasing, most teams are still spending money. i do think it is smart to watch the revenues, and if they start spiraling to 150, then something needs to likely be done, but as you said as long as it's about same as it is now, i think it's ok. i guess i just don't see it as that big of a problem right now.
I'm not worried about cash, I'm worried about the file escalating revenues for all teams. That will eventually lead to cash coming in, but it's the team total revenues that I watch. Cash is a symptom, escalating revenues is the disease.

As long as the revenue stays constant we won't adjust. If it starts to increase by 5-10 million (on average) than we will.
AL Champion 12 times
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »