• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agent McInnis' FA Eligible Clients
Attention to all GMs with clients of 6 or more years of service time:

I have discussed it with my clients and we've agreed to longer accept inquiries after August 31st. If you do not contact my firm before August 31st about extending a client that no longer has arbitration years available your player WILL test the FA market.

The reason for this decision is to hopefully foster an environment where my clients are treated like people not just numbers. If my clients get within 60 days of unrestricted free agency they will test the waters.

We're frustrated with GMs for feeling these players have some obligation to fore-go free agency or offer a team discount and frankly the closer my clients get to a big pay day the more difficult it is for me to convince them otherwise. My job is to take care of my clients and just because I'm not Boras doesn't mean I owe you a discount or a signature. So keep this in mind when evaluation your talent and my clients or we'll gladly start taking pages from his playbook.

As has always been the case, the ball is in your court not ours to ensure long-term financial viability for your team. My clients are constantly treated like it's their fault mid to small market teams drafted (or traded for) them and it's up to them to keep their franchises together. My clients do not run your franchise nor is it responsible to count on them to keep your team viable. If you can't afford my players please spare us the guilt trip. Consider this fair warning that we will start combating that mind-set and approach to resignings. It's one thing to look for a deal, it's another to EXPECT one.

Thanks,

Agent McInnis
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »