Poll: Who is your best AL small market GM?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mstrpr626/Gmoney (BAL)
35.29%
6 35.29%
Chris (CLE)
11.76%
2 11.76%
Mike (KCR)
47.06%
8 47.06%
Epic (TBR
5.88%
1 5.88%
Terry (TEX)
0%
0 0%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best AL Small Market GM
Alright this is a poll to see who the league feels has done the best job as a small market GM in both the AL. By small market, I mean a team who if paying max in farm ($45M) and medical ($40M) would have a payroll budget of $32M or lower.
I have the same budget(total, yet if you take out the 3 contracts I didn't dictate, we'd be tied) as Baltimore(you), I'm tied for 3rd worse Pitching rating in the AL and 8th in Batting. I vote for Oakland!
(11-26-2010, 12:19 AM)Cdawg Wrote: I have the same budget(total, yet if you take out the 3 contracts I didn't dictate, we'd be tied) as Baltimore(you), I'm tied for 3rd worse Pitching rating in the AL and 8th in Batting. I vote for Oakland!

You we're on my notables list but you didn't get the mention because you haven't been here long enough. If anyone in Oakland got a mention it would be AVfootball.
I voted for baltimore.

First off it is a 3 team race only in my opinion.

TBR, BAL and KCR.

Heres my reasoning

TBR is losing so they lose.

BAL and KCR have both been decent but never amazing so they remain tied.

KCR did not suck for like 5 years then win 40 games more the next year, KCR slight lead.

BAL is not 50 million payroll over their budget unlike KCR, slight lead.

BAL is in the division of teams like TOR, BOS and NYY. bigger lead.

In the end I think this is a 2 man race, just like it would be in the NL between me and CIN. (Sorry Jordan, but yours is low because your team sucked so much. And I am only spending 26 million on farm and medical combined.
Yea IMO Chris doesn't deserve to be on the list for the simple fact that he didn't build his power machine that represented the AL in the 2013 WS. But since he had the service time for the league, and since he did do something by putting the line ups together in a way they could reach the WS, I let him slide. IDK how he got two votes, one I understand by himself but not by another GM. I wasn't only going to make this a 2-3 man race when there are a good amount of small market guys out there.
(11-26-2010, 01:18 AM)hokeyrules Wrote: KCR did not suck for like 5 years then win 40 games more the next year, KCR slight lead.

Me and Gmoney weren't in power until the team was destined to lose 48 games in 2012. Had we took control at the beginning of the year, that number would definitely have been higher.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »