• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AL Central 2051 Pitching Prospect Notebook
Pitchers must not be peaked and less than 100 professional innings. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Lets look back and see how horrible this list is, fun!

5. Kcr Humberto Aracil 18yo 51/83

Aracil was picked in the second round of last years draft and I was considering picking him in the first, because i'm probably stupid. The guy is very young and has a promising build to go along with a nice fastball and gb%. I probably think more of this guy than most.

Aracil's development went about as well as one can expect as he peaked as an (88) at 24 years old. He's logged over 300 IP as a pro and has a very nice ERA of 3.39 so far in his young career. Another good pick by Mike, i'm starting to hate him more than I already do.

4. Cle Beau Bush 24yo 81/86

Sean got Bush from San Diego on a buy low opportunity (jerk). He looks to be peaking soon but he has strong vitals and a plus fastball. Bush looks to be a very nice middle of the rotation starter.

Well here is an obvious miss on my part. Bush is now on his 5th team and is peaked out as a (79). Here's currently 13 games under .500 and has a career ERA closing in on 5. Beau shouldn't have been on this list so i'll punish myself by drinking a day beer.

3. Chw Grant McNatt 22yo 80/88

McNatt was a second round pick back in the '48 draft and he looks to be progressing rather nicely. He looks to be quite similar to Beau Bush but a few years younger with a better chance at another solid jump. Also, he was born in Michigan. Boom.

McNatt is currently a Cub and peaked out at (84). He's higher up this list then he should be in retrospect. The guy is a solid 4/5 and with him being a competent Major League player of course JHC traded him, more on this with the next pitcher.

2. Chw Ward Tart 19yo 69/95

Ward Tart went ninth overall in last years draft and has a very compelling profile. He's young and has a ton of room for growth. He profiles as a 2 or 3 starter to me and has a wonderful ground ball rate. Rumors in the off-season had him going to Houston in a potential deal for Howie Wright but that never came to fruition. JHC might be happy that deal never materialized in four or five years.

Tart did what he had to do to become an ace type, peak out as a mid 90s player and he's currently sitting at (95). He's only 24 years old with a great pitching profile and already good numbers, his best years are certainly yet to come. I don't blame JHC for dealing Tart that much as I really didnt think he'd become this good but it seems the mogul engine automatically boosts any JHC traded player. Guys, trade for White Sox prospects!
1. Det Aaron Swanger 23yo 78/89

Yours truly selected Swanger in the first round of the '47 draft and he looks to be coming along quite well. Aaron already has elite control and movement vitals to go along with a fantastic changeup and good slider. His ground ball rate looks good and he should be ready for the show as soon as this year.

Looking back, Swanger should be second on this list behind Tart. He's still a Tiger and peaked at (84). That doesnt sound sexy but his vitals are much more impressive as are his numbers to date. Aaron currently sports a Win/Loss record of 63-35 while sitting at a 3.41 ERA in a little over 900 IP. That's certainly good but Tart is the superior pitcher.

I feel the initial prospect list was solid with a miss on Bush while underrating what Tart would become and overrating my own guy, who would of thought!

Pit
2104-2106

237-249 record

Det
2047-2103

5,268-3,807 record

43 Playoff Appearances
27 Division Titles
19 Pennants
6 World Championships  

Houston Astros
2035-2046