• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AL Central 2051 Hitting Prospect Notebook
Prospects are determined by having less than 250 PA's and also un-peaked. Feel free to disagree and bitch because that's what we do best.

Lets look back to 6 years ago and see how horrible my list was!

Top 5 Hitting Prospects

(T)5. Chw RF Reggie Horton 22yo 77/94

Horton was the eleventh overall pick in the 2049 draft and has progressed nicely. He profiles as a solid defender along with being a switch hitter that won't need to be platooned. Reggie should hit for solid contact along with having an above average eye.

Reggie is now a (94) and the best hitter in the file by a mile, the guy is 28 years old and already has 3 MVPs. I had this cat 5 slots to low and he is obviously the top player on this last now. Way to trade him out of the division JHC!!

T(5). Min 1B Mason Stubber 21yo 65/90

Mason Stubber was the fifth overall pick of this years draft and looks to have very good potential. He hits from the left side and looks to be a classic power/eye slugger. He won't win many defensive awards much he should be a middle of the order masher in the coming years.

Stubber is now an 89/93 and in his second full season as a professional. His hitting vitals look typical as a 1B/DH masher and I feel I pegged him pretty well from the start.

4. Kcr C Peter McDaniels 19yo 68/87

McDaniels was another product of the previous draft going number twelve to Mikes Royals. Peter plays a premium position and does it well defensively, he also is a switch hitter that should hit for average and get on base a solid amount. He could also have average power at the catcher position.

Peter is now an 88/93 and 2057 should be his first full season in the majors. His hitting vitals and fantastic for a backstop and he still isn't done growing yet. Looking back at my previous comments I undervalued his power but he looks like a great hitter/defender for Mike and his Royals.

3. Kcr RF Mitchell Starkey 20yo 71/93

Another high round draft pick going seventh overall in the '49 draft Starkey is an elite defender already that is able to play any outfield spot at an outstanding clip. He combines this defense with great speed and very good contact at this stage of his development. Should be one of the better outfielders in the file during his prime.

Yet another Royal and another great young player for Mike. Starkey is an 89/93 and profiles as a very good two way player. Already in his third full season in the majors he looks to approve upon an already solid 2056 season. He looks to be fulfilling his promise as a key guy in the Royals upswing.

2. Cle C Jim Radabaugh 22yo 73/90

Acquired in a trade with the Reds (damn you JPS) Radabaugh looks to have a very promising future. Jim plays outstanding defense behind the dish as well as being a switch hitter who should hit for a very high average and get on base just as well. Jim doesn't have much power or speed to speak of but what he does well he does very well. He should be a staple in Seans lineup for years to come.

Well I screwed the pooch on this selection. Looking back I believe I valued high contact/eye guys with little power or speed way way too much, that may just be my evolution of how to look at hitters but Radabaugh is already in his third organization as the starting catcher for the Jays. He's an (83) and looks to be a solid starter with good defense and onbase skills. He's nothing special but is a value to the club he's on.

1. Kcr SS Tobey Tawesson 20yo 71/93

Tawesson was a controversial first overall pick in the 2050 draft going ahead of fellow shortstop Ivan Verdugo. The knock on Tawesson is his defense in which he profiles as average-ish but not awful. The reason Tobey is ahead of some of the others is because he probably plays the most difficult position to find at the moment and should hit very very well. He has elite speed and should combine that tool with very good contact and eye. He also should hit for decent power considering his position on the diamond. Tawesson is not without holes in his game but he is still extremely valuable in regards to the current FCM file.

Another damn royal hitter that Mike hit big on, bleh. Tawesson is a (94) overall DH that can do it all. He has 90s vitals in every hitting category, that's ridiculous. I may have been a little bullish on his defensive abilities as average but who cares, the guy can do it all as an offensive player. His career counting stats should be extremely impressive if he can stay healthy.

All in all I think I did ok in these rankings. Obviously Horton would be number one now with Tawesson as the two. Starkey, McDaniels, and Stubber all look to be impressive hitters who have a bright future. The big miss is Radabaugh but I believe i've learned my lesson on those types.
Pit
2104-2106

237-249 record

Det
2047-2103

5,268-3,807 record

43 Playoff Appearances
27 Division Titles
19 Pennants
6 World Championships  

Houston Astros
2035-2046

1133-811 record

9 Playoff Appearances
5 Division Titles
1 Pennant

Cool stuff GB!
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
so are we going back in time with this?
Chc

GM 2023-8/2063, 2086-
7 x division champ
1 pennant
TBR

8/2070-11/2070

NYM

2071-2079
2 x wild card game appearance

SFG

2080-2085
Updated to where they are now in their careers, feel free to still bitch though!
Pit
2104-2106

237-249 record

Det
2047-2103

5,268-3,807 record

43 Playoff Appearances
27 Division Titles
19 Pennants
6 World Championships  

Houston Astros
2035-2046