• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Peak Start
(11-21-2010, 09:45 PM)AndyP Wrote: So what are your thoughts on this DJ? I think we're going to see more and more 27-32 year old players diving over the next few years at this pace. Do we plan to experiment with this?

I think the peak start needs to be looked at. I'm with scotty on 27-32 year olds diving. It is a separate issue.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
I think me and DJ have agreed this will be altered in the off-season, but we have to test it out first.
:min2: GM
(11-22-2010, 05:17 PM)Scott Wrote:
(11-22-2010, 05:03 PM)Mstrpr626 Wrote: I am 100% on the side of changing peak start to 26-28........Jordan Walden just fell from 88/88 to 84/84 while in the prime of his career at the magical age of 27.

Longevity is not peak start

But he wouldn't have declined if his peak start was last year or this year.....Longevity needs to be messed with a bit too IMO.
(11-22-2010, 05:45 PM)dejota Wrote: I think the peak start needs to be looked at. I'm with scotty on 27-32 year olds diving. It is a separate issue.

How can it be totally separate though? If guys at 23 are peaking when they should be peaking at 26 - someone is paying the price for that increase by the very nature of the percentages we set up.

Whether it be an immediate drop or a death sim drop - every guy who "jumps" will result in someone dropping off. So the drop and jump thing isn't a direct correlation, but they aren't entirely separate too.

Glad to hear we're looking at this.
They're not directly unrelated in that context now. But since the talent levels will remain static it doesn't amount to being any more or less random than before I don't think. At least I don't think that needs to be looked at until we finish adjust this issue and have it in play for a few seasons.

Also....

Fair enough.

Peak start will be increased, how much will have to wait for offseason testing I think.

Injuries will not be adjusted I don't think. The injury frequency and severities have been fully tested and explored on the BBM forums and, while the specific injuries don't always make sense, the overall impact on the game is very accurate. No team is put at any more of a disadvantage than any other under this and if anything helps equalize the playing field since better teams generally have more better players which means they will have a significant injury to a significant player more simply by having more.

I had the setting lowered on my initial file to prevent GMs from getting prematurely discouraged with FCM b/c of untimely injuries. In 2013 (the final season at the lowered settings) the longest injury was 2 months and a season ending injury didn't occur until August. It was only season ending at that point b/c there wasn't enough season left not b/c it was significant. That's bullcrap and directly led to not one single divisional or WC upset (Yanks, Indians, Angels, Royals & Marlins, Astros, Giants, Dodgers) IMO.

If you wish to reply to this post please post in the current peak start discussion, I copied and pasted this post there as well.

PLEASE DO NOT HIJACK THIS THREAD WITH TALENT/INJURY DISCUSSIONS.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »