• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Trades
(11-13-2010, 03:07 PM)ezpkns34 Wrote:
(11-13-2010, 02:46 PM)Mstrpr626 Wrote:
(11-13-2010, 02:32 PM)chrisveley Wrote: Alright, I'm chiming in now because I'm pissed over my last trade getting veto'd. I think there is no consistancy and people are getting WAY to involved in trades involving new GM's. I just had a trade veto'd not because it wasn't fair, but it was because a few people didn't like the new GM's reasoning behind the trade.

He was trading for a player that was considered a "rental", but crazy thing it that a "rental" can be resigned, and Brantley would resign for around the same amount he was under contract for. So our trade was veto'd because the player (along with $12M cash) I sent was on the last year of his contract. This honestly makes me think that other GM's need to take a step back and only veto trades if they are grossly unfair... not pick apart deals that they just don't like, or trades they wouldn't have done themselves.

Yes, we need to protect our new younger GM's, but we don't need to hold their hand and decide what they can or cannot trade in the process.

I totally agree. Your deal was in no way disorganized and both GMs stated valid reasons. There is no way a trade should be vetoed based on a GMs reasoning when it is clearly a fair deal and a deal that will benefit both teams in a great way. LAA stated he planned to resign Brantley and stated why we dealt the prospects for 12M. Your trade wasn't even vetoed. Scott decided to put it in the veto section when there was one approval on it, and it was up for three days. It was not the mods who did the horrible job however. Scotty felt free to pass PITT/LAA even when it had the same number of approvals to vetos and even when it was closed then reopened in order to get passed, but then kicks your deal which has no vetos to the curb. Your deal was solid and should have went through whether it was yesterday's sim or tomorrow's sim.

Scotty had to move that deal to the veto section after the Pit deal was approved b/c one of the players in the Cle deal was also in the Pit deal

Cool.....I guess I misunderstood why the thread was closed in the first place. PITT/LAA deal I mean.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »