• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cin/TB
Ok that's fair. i'm back to square one. I'll start over. Sorry about all this. I'm actually a good GM despite how things look now.

Thanks mods. hopefully I don't disappoint in the future.

Just an FYI, this means everyone is restored to my team. anyone who wants one of mine has to talk to me and we'll renegotiate. look for an updated trade block.
You're not disappointing anyone and nobody thinks you're a bad GM. If anything, overzealous for my tastes.

Please at least hit up the teams you've got deals in place with before agreeing to move these players in fairness to them if you don't mind.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
(08-02-2010, 05:56 PM)AndyP Wrote: I found this to be the most passable of the three in my opinion. Which should tell you how bad I think the other two are.

I'm just not seeing a depth of inspection going on in these trades. If you look at all three combined there is a hugely talented bat and a hugely talented ace leaving with returns that could best be described as paltry.

There needs to be some legit talent moving for these guys. Joey Votto doesn't need to be used to make a salary dump, Aroldis Chapman needs to move for at least one super talented prospect, and Lind shouldn't go for AAA fodder. One of these deals, by themselves, may not be reason to question - but all three combined throw up huge red flags to me.

I saw no vetoes when the nearly identially rated Reimold was traded away for less. Consistency is needed here
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
You were dealing in draft picks, which we don't allow and took on a risk acquiring unknown commodities. If anything that deal was the exception, not the rule, which you're smart enough to discern.

If there's any consistency issues here it's because, while Reimold and Lind are similar players, the circumstances under which they've been dealt make it apples to oranges in my mind. Especially when the Reimold trade exists in a vacuum while the Lind deal was being included due to sheer proximity.

As I posted, if that is a deal he'd like to pursue he (in my opinion) at least owes approaching you along w/ DET/TBR before making any moves involving those players.

Lastly, I certainly do see where you're coming from but at this point it's the lesser of two evils to press the reset button on all three deals made late last night as opposed to debating each one individually. Like with TBR I know it's not ideal but I hope it's close enough to satisfactory.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
(08-02-2010, 07:01 PM)dejota Wrote: You were dealing in draft picks, which we don't allow and took on a risk acquiring unknown commodities. If anything that deal was the exception, not the rule, which you're smart enough to discern.

If there's any consistency issues here it's because, while Reimold and Lind are similar players, the circumstances under which they've been dealt make it apples to oranges in my mind. Especially when the Reimold trade exists in a vacuum while the Lind deal was being included due to sheer proximity.

As I posted, if that is a deal he'd like to pursue he (in my opinion) at least owes approaching you along w/ DET/TBR before making any moves involving those players.

Lastly, I certainly do see where you're coming from but at this point it's the lesser of two evils to press the reset button on all three deals made late last night as opposed to debating each one individually. Like with TBR I know it's not ideal but I hope it's close enough to satisfactory.

What isn't apples to oranges is how long guys like Reimold & Steele were on the block. The reality is OFs aren't worth as much in this league as you guys want to believe

I don't know, maybe you've kept him on the block while turning down offers involving 89 peak spects, but I certainly wasn't getting offers like that for Reimold. The fact is Pineda still has 6 more months to jump (at least) & Mitchell is a perfectly serviceable SP.

To TB: sorry for relaying my complaints through your thread, but this appears to be where all 3 Reds trades are to be discussed together
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »