:SFG: sends:

Pablo Sandoval 3B 84 15M 2019
12M for the NTC

:LAA: sends:

Ryan Howard 1B 76 3.3M 2016
Chris Pettit OF 80 1M 2015
Travis Jones SP 63/86 min. 2017
3M for the NTC

Is it concerning that I have no 3B right now?? A little. But this move is worth it.
:min2: GM
Accept.
Approved
approve
So let me get this straight. You ship off Buccholz, one of the most productive pitchers in the league citing salary concerns. Strip your barren minor league shelves for 12M from Jordan ALL IN AN EFFORT TO LAND PANDA?!

VETO, Explain your direction, intentions and how the hell Panda in lieu of Buccholz helps...

Scotty/Jordan - STOP TAKING ADVANTAGE OF NEW GMs, YOU'RE ADMINS HELP KEEP YOUR LEAGUE TOGETHER.......SELFISH JERKS
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
(11-08-2010, 01:38 AM)raysman1 Wrote: Accept.

Veto for the fact that LAA did not post reasoning which is necessary for any trade to be subject to being approved.

And for DJ's concern for this trade, LAA is not giving up too much except a mid level spec, SF is paying for most of the NTC. LAA is getting more out of the deal currently, but obviously Sandoval's declining vitals and his long term contract is the reason for your concern and the reason why scotty has been trying to move this guy.

Again I want reasoning from LAA before I accept this, but I am assuming it would be something like "I want him so we can win now, even if his contract might be burden in the future."

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
Edit: Chris is not a trade mod and is not allowed to post here.

Warning no fine.
My issue is the chain of logic -

Buccholz was moved for pennies on the dollar citing salary concerns (coming off a Cy Young candidate year)

He then seemingly makes another deal in a similar light by moving spects (of which he has few to begin with) for cash.

Uses that money and flexibility he just acquired by gutting the rest of his minors and putting a nice dent in his roto to acquire a player with similar payroll issues but none of the production as Buccholz.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
(11-08-2010, 02:49 PM)Jordan Wrote:
(11-08-2010, 01:38 AM)raysman1 Wrote: Accept.

Veto for the fact that LAA did not post reasoning which is necessary for any trade to be subject to being approved.

And for DJ's concern for this trade, LAA is not giving up too much except a mid level spec, SF is paying for most of the NTC. LAA is getting more out of the deal currently, but obviously Sandoval's declining vitals and his long term contract is the reason for your concern and the reason why scotty has been trying to move this guy.

Again I want reasoning from LAA before I accept this, but I am assuming it would be something like "I want him so we can win now, even if his contract might be burden in the future."

I don't see anything in the rules that says that I must give a reason of why I did the trade, but alright, I've been making dumb trades lately, so I'll hold off on this one.
sigh.....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »