• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pod 21 - 6/6 - 8 EST
http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/tal...043&cmd=tc

Featuring Matty, as well as Sean's debut as a Co-Host! Be there live as we induct a new member of the Podcast Mafia™.

Call in, email the show at georgemfitzpatrick@gmail.com, or tweet at @GFitzpatrick14
Nym GM 2050 - 2070, 2122 - present

Padres co-GM: 2117 - 2121
Cubs co-GM: 2098 - 2101, 2110 - 2116
Royals GM 2085, 2101 - 2110
White Sox GM 2089 - 2091
Expos GM 2071 - 2084
Orioles co-GM 2012 - 2014, GM 2039 - 2050

5 Pennants (2040, 2048, 2051, 2074, 2082)
4 World Championships (2040, 2048, 2051, 2082)
Braves talk.. thanks
I want a chance to sort of a defend my choices that matty touched on.I should also point out that I'm not taking anything matty said as an attack, nor am I responding that way. I feel like I need to just clear a little bit of it up.

-Ortiz has been playing for the last 2 sims at LR not Maybin(yes it was a long time coming)

-On the point of the overall DC I just didn't post a Sim 2-5 DC. Just forgot. I was 40-15 and even though I would D/l and fix this. It just got forgotten b/c I'd look at the file and see a 10 game lead. The Anketell trade was done on for the 4th sim, and thats when you can really see in that Month of June the overall shitty lineup. On top of that, I don't wanna say "I got a life" b/c that's being an asshole. It just comes down to passing it off to the last minute, then having things to do last minute.(Friday's and Sunday's I'm hardly home all , Wednesday and Monday afternoon-evening i'm not home either. Thursday's I pick up a side job doing much)

-When it comes to Bixby/Blackburn, I've been reluctant to move Blackburn at all, and the 3-4 GMs that have asked for Blackburn, won't take Bixby. However I had planned this off season to move on of them anyway.

-Between Bixby and Vargas at 3B, Bixby isn't playing "horrible" ball. he's very mediocre and I'm a fan of his overall defense there than I am Vargas. being there. I thought and still think it wasn't a bad move to have Bixby there as I felt he could get MLB time while playing deep in a lineup and not having to do much.(as far as being in the Real ML, I heard/hear teams do this often, maybe not so much w/ high profile prospects, but if they think you can hit, but don't want ot just throw you into the ocean and see if you can swim, they'll bury you. Maybe Harper had this treatment early on and I think a small market team did this too.)
Vargas should have been playing a little sooner, but I based his stats off being a bench player

-Timm has been the RF vs LHP for about 2 sims. I think I originally had him batting DH vs RHP too, but not totally positive why it ended up Francis. I know I pegged him there at some point, I'm just not sure why I made the switch to Francis.

-Muquez batting 9th is b/c he just doesn't have good numbers vs LHP which is odd b/c historically he has pretty good numbers vs LHP, but for whatever reason, he hasn't put it together this season. I don't believe he started off 9th tho. I think that actually went to Wand

-Anketell wasn't bad, he took a shitty drop early in the season and that is what lead me to really just get rid of him. I basically sold him for nothing b/c I'd rather have that contract gone than to have him sit on the bench eating up like 20M. But he was worth having as the early season DH, dude was batting .870(in hindsight, it was probably a bit premature dealing him, now that I look at his card)

Don't worry, I did take some advice and use it. Oflharety is, at least my LHP 3b(Bixby and Vargas are on the bench) and Vargas is my DH vs rhp, Francis was demoted. I'll be honest, I'm not sure why Francis was in the majors.

Basically a lot of it has to do w/ general laziness.
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
Great podcast guys - very entertaining and thorough. And yes Andy's perception is correct about my lack of understanding for the rule change of DP near FA, had I known that (my fault for not looking back at rule changes) I would have approached it a bit differently.

Keep up the good work, would love to participate at some point!

Nice listen! Thanks a lot. I hope someday that the Rays will be worthy of discussion. 2 play-off appearances in league history makes for a pretty boring topic of conversation!

Good luck to the playoff teams and keep the pod casts coming!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »