Poll: Should we try a new way to do the draft?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yeah, let's do this Memorial style again next season (Tuesday Draft)
80.00%
12 80.00%
No, let's do it the way we normally do (Sunday Draft)
20.00%
3 20.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
FCM Draft going NFL?
(05-26-2014, 12:14 AM)AndyP Wrote: The more we talk I think let's try a season in which the sim happens Friday and we heavily promote before and after Sim 4 that prepicking should happen before the draft Sunday night.

I really don't want to split it up into multiple days, that's just a pain. We'll see if admins heavily promoting pre-picking gives the same effect.

i just want to say, i'm fine with whatever the league wants to do. i know that some can't make it for any day except sunday, and i would feel bad for them if they miss the draft cause it's moved to another day. but, at the same time, you do get more time to scout, so i see it both ways.

the problem with admins heavily promoting pre-picking is that if people that have early picks don't want to pick, they don't have to, which is great, they shouldn't be rushed. i remember last draft time, in 2045, i had the 7th overall pick, i then traded it to texas, but if i didn't trade it, i would have been picking 7th overall. i left that friday morning (with no internet access), and didn't get back home until sunday morning, but i was busy when i came back and couldn't look at the newest file until sunday afternoon at some time. i actually had to get a head start on scouting and look some at the sim 3 file, but even doing that, you want to see the sim 4 file before making any decisions cause guys do jump and drop. that would have been too important of a pick to just rush it. all it takes is one person being away or busy in the top 7 to hold it up. as long as league is fine with this, then everything is fine.

and i wasn't going to want my pick autoed, but it could have severely held up the draft, if the admins are heavily promoting pre-picking. as long as the league wouldn't get upset at something like that, then this could be ok, but on weekends, i am going to be away sometimes, and get back sundays at some point. we're now entering the summer months as well, so i doubt i'd be the only one this could happen to. i just don't want anyone at all to be rushed or feel obligated that they pick early just to get it going.
By heavily promoting I just mean we'd make sure people knew they could pick.
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
I'm all for it since I can never make a Sunday draft
[Image: muaoma.jpg]

Sdp
2044- Present

Don't Bring sand to the Beach- GB
I feel last night went pretty well, it moved pretty quickly and had a good portion of the 1st round done before we started the draft. It helped move it at a quicker pace. I feel a situation of what Rocky mentioned is more of the exception than the rule. I think for the most part, the people in this league scout the draft days (week) in advance and they should be able to have an idea on who they want in their draft slot. If we open it up like we did in this past draft, we should have a nice start and be able to be done with the draft at a reasonable hour.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
Here's the plan:

We will do a Friday sim and a Sunday draft as usual next year. We will open the Ammy Draft immediately following the sim and send a PM to the top 10 teams that they can fire up their engines. Hopefully over a Saturday and Sunday we can knock off a half round like we did this year.

If we find that isn't enough time we can revisit switching to Tuesday nights, but maybe a taste of it this way will inspire more early activity next year on our normal schedule.
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
it really helps me out since I can never make the draft I was able to send a good list for my 2nd round pick as well. I hope this idea really takes off
[Image: muaoma.jpg]

Sdp
2044- Present

Don't Bring sand to the Beach- GB
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »