• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions for Sports Mogul
Actually it would be great to get your take on player development in BBM 2015. Bugs that should have fixed problems in 2014, like players being rated 70 overall with 90 contact and power should be fixed, but I haven't tested 10-25 years of this yet.
Gradual development would be ideal.. Jumps that happen in mogul where a player goes to sleep with one skill set and wake up the next day as a superhero isnt realistic.
World Champs: 2071, 2106, 2108
I'm a big fan of when ppl change positions, they aren't absolute garbage, obviously if you play 1B poorly or have a bad glove, you're not gonna get better being moved to SS. but a gold glove 2B shouldn't go from a 99 glove at 2B to a 70 glove at 1B. Perhaps its the reaction time and maybe I just gave you guys an idea for a new vital. Back on track. at least let the defense develop if he plays 2 or 3 positions a lot. I know for a fact the Nationals tell their Minor league clubs to play people at a lot of different positions. Bryce Harper was asked to play the entire OF. another solid prospect they have Eury Perez plays all 3 OF. Seth Bynum, Pete Orr, Mike Morse. When these guys were coming up they all got to play the IF. Basically what I'm trying to say is, Mogul DOES know what position they should be at, but doesn't allow any type of development for guys at another position, sure we can change it in game, but allowing someone to develop naturally at another position if they got the right tools shouldn't be against the rules.
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
The defense, as cdawg talked a bit about, still needs fixed. To be blunt, it sucks. I know Andy (TheLeviathan on the SM boards) pleaded to Clay to fix things and Clay "fixed" defense on a BM 2014 patch. However, it wasn't fixed and still isn't on BM 2015. It's only cosmetic that it appears "fixed".

I've attached an example. By all accounts Manny Peno should be able to play SS. He has great vitals at 2B and 3B (where his predicted stats come from) and when you bring up his change position screen (or move him to SS in the defensive alignment screen), he looks pretty darn good at SS. Though when he's played there, he's god awful. Small sample size doesn't even matter since there's no way he should have such a dreadful fielding percentage and his defensive metrics are just terrible.

Even with this, I like where the new system is going. I remember on the old system, you could take a gold glove 3B and he would basically still be a gold glove SS (well above average at worst). If that were the case, then real world gold glovers Scott Rolen and Brandon Phillips would be playing SS, wouldn't they? I think it's very plausible that both Rolen and Phillips would suffice at SS, maybe even be a bit above average, but clearly they wouldn't be close to gold glove caliber.

I like how the system has removed penalties for position changes, but there needs to be a better way for players to play out of position. Back to Manny Peno, I believe the cosmetic way his defensive position vitals appear makes sense. He's got the range at 2B and the arm at 3B to suggest he could hold his own at SS (if he didn't play 2B, I would expect a big hit on range at SS). He should definitely be good on the OF corners and 1B. And I definitely agree on the below average range at CF.

I don't think there needs to be ways to add extra backup positions or anything major changed. I think the way the vitals suggest players will field out of position needs to become a reality and all will be good.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Cle

Cleveland Record5304-4625 (.534) [2054-2071, 2083-2104, 2110-2131]
AL Post: 15 (ALC), 11 (WC) - ALDS Win: 11 - ALCS Champ: 6 - WS Champ: 3

ALW: Mariners + Angels Record: 1072-864 (.554) [2042-2048, 2105-2110]
AL Post: 3 (ALW), 4 (WC) - ALDS Win: 3 - ALCS Champ: 1 - WS Champ: 1

NLW: Rockies + Padres Record: 3230-2753 (.540) [2017-2042, 2072-2082]
NL Post: 18 (NLW), 4 (WC) - NLDS Win: 7 - NLCS Champ: 4 - WS Champ: 0
Fix the way vitals are displayed for RP's. It seems that somewhere along the line that RP's look as if they have nerfed vitals especially for power, but when you look in their predicted stats they are just fine. Maybe matty could expand on this a bit more on the technical side of things.
Here are a couple of Ideas that I would like to see in the game

I have to agree with what most of what has been said. Something I would love to see in this game is for you to get rid of the dollar amount on Scouting, Medical and Farm. I have to agree with what Andy spoke about with that being Magic Pixie dust.

Instead, rework that into individual people within the game that your club can hire. Take scouting for example, your team hires an individual scout. Each scout has their own strengths and weeknesses, some may scout the draft better, some may scout other teams farms better, some may be better with pitchers, etc.... Then you can send the scout on assignment for durations of times and he comes back and gives you a report. For example, say you wanted the draft scouted. you could pick out 15-20 players for him to scout over a week or two and he sends you back a report. Say during the season you were looking to trade with a few different teams, you can send your scout on an assignment to scout their farms for a week and he brings you back a report.

For the farm, maybe you can hire a minor league coach. Each coach like a scout can have strengths or weaknesses (good hitting coach, good pitching coach, Excellent power hitting coach....) You then can make that money being spent on magic pixie dust more of a controlled substance because instead of hitting the pixie dust loto, you can say hay, I hired XYZ coach that is great with the development of pitchers and that is why my farm keeps turning out young arms.

I would also like you to bring back the old minor league system of R and A ball, or give us more options, something like R, Low A, High A, AA and AAA. That would be outstanding.

I also have to agree with being able to customize the draft suggestion, especially for leagues that try and put in compensation picks.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »