• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improving Type A Compensation
It's pretty ignorant for you rocky to say that HOW CAN WE NOT SEE IT yada yada. I have a differing opinion. What's honestly so bad about guys like that getting comp A? Let people spend their money so it gets flushed out of the league. If people want to pay for mediocre players again let them. Eventually the money won't be there for them to spend it on guys like that and then naturally those types will then only get offered type b or let go for nothing or extended.
Ok, so then what does it change? It's more likely that a type B guy doesn't get signed than a Type A. I think those of us who chose them for type A think for a second longer, but if you think someone is going to drop 7 year 28M on a 35 year old RP, then anything is possible.

Going back to the new year(which also appears to be around the same time we were allowed to choose type A and B for our own instead of any other way), from what I can tell no type A player has ever been resigned back to the original team b/c no one bid on them. In fact, if I'm right it appears that they all have been signed to at least a 2 year deal. I think I've seen about 5 or 6 Type B's go unsigned, and even the ones that have been signed get a deal at least 2 years.
Oakland A's
2015-Current
(18 seasons)
1,340-1,577
74-.44-87.66
4 AL West titles
2 ALDS Series appearance
1 WS appearance
(05-08-2014, 12:06 PM)mattynokes Wrote:
(05-08-2014, 11:13 AM)Cdawg Wrote: I think if you do this you don't have any type A, it doesn't make it worth it to do that.

Macnish, Gibson, Wine, Horton, Demont are all guys that no doubt are still offered Type A with a two year commitment. And it doesn't matter if there are any Type A FAs or not. What matters is if there's going to be talent in free agency. Some of the players in question (and those in the past) would surely still be offered Type B. The difference is people think the inherited risk of trying for Type A instead of Type B is worth it since people seem to be throwing money at any sort of talent that hits free agency.

Thank you, you summed it up perfectly. Kamp of Toronto would easily get offered Type A and be worth it, because he's damn good and surely to get offers. Those are the types that should be offered Type A, not so so players is my entire point. This helps with this area and improves the system.
(05-08-2014, 12:14 PM)mike Wrote: It's pretty ignorant for you rocky to say that HOW CAN WE NOT SEE IT yada yada. I have a differing opinion. What's honestly so bad about guys like that getting comp A? Let people spend their money so it gets flushed out of the league. If people want to pay for mediocre players again let them. Eventually the money won't be there for them to spend it on guys like that and then naturally those types will then only get offered type b or let go for nothing or extended.

whatever dude. It seems pretty obvious to me, but you're right, you have a differing opinion, so that's fine, think how you like. To each their own. You probably should say "obnoxious" instead of ignorant. I think that's a better word if you want to say some things lmfao.

It's bad because why should teams take advantage of FA landscape like that and get good picks for so so talent? I don't see how the hell that makes any sense whatsoever. It's awful to say, let people spend their money to get it flushed out of the league. That's fucking ridiculous dude. Just to get cash out of the system, you are ok with teams getting good early picks that they shouldn't get, just because they are taking advantage of the FA landscape? Again, low risk in offering type A fallback, very high reward of getting a very early pick that could be a stud.

Again, it's not that people want to pay a lot for mediocre players, it's a problem because most free agent classes here are weak or just average at best. Teams feel the need to overspend for solid talent, because of how weak the class is and a lot of times in free agency, gm's do dumb things. That shouldn't reward GM's for taking advantage of the FA landscape by offering so so guys Type A status.

Hasn't this league had a problem with cash for a long time now? What makes you think soon it will "naturally" just be normal and we won't have this problem? What on earth makes you think this way? Maybe it will be less, but I don't see it being corrected and staying corrected just by allowing this.
Most mogul leagues have a cash problem because A) the game sucks at managing all those details and B) in order to get cash out we'd have to have a very tough salary structure in which a lot of low revenue teams would have zero chance of retaining most of their talent. Hard to keep a league together when you try to simulate real life like that.

That said, we can certainly do more to bring that back. I think revenues will continue to be dropped.

As for this, adding the second year just means that those guys get offered Type B instead of A. I think in the vast majority of cases the players will still hit FA, just with a more appropriate compensation amount.
World Champion 2018, 2021, 2026, 2030, 2035, 2037, 2039
AL Champion 12 times
FCM Best Record-Holder - 121-41 2028
Overall Record: 3530-1978 .641%
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »