• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compensation/Injuries
Every team was subject to that lottery though. If we're going to do anything maybe a healthy medium would be take their best 3 seasons and average them and thats what they get for thir injured season. I think that would be fair for the ones it did screw and everyone would be happy as were not doing anything subject to bias.
(10-30-2010, 02:18 PM)mike Wrote: Every team was subject to that lottery though. If we're going to do anything maybe a healthy medium would be take their best 3 seasons and average them and thats what they get for thir injured season. I think that would be fair for the ones it did screw and everyone would be happy as were not doing anything subject to bias.

That's a good idea too.

Are we going to continue to toy with the injury settings?
Ok, I'm not gonna lie... I didn't read the previous posts... but I have somethign to air out here.

Your stuck in the 90's if your still basing compensation off ratings... Compensation should be given to those players who have performed the best in the free agent class, over a given time period. Whether it be one year, two years or three, you need to compile the stats of each player, find the average, and rank the players that way. Only the top %'s will receive compensation, but its the only "fair" way to do it.

By being stuck on ratings, your getting extremely overrated players who aren't as good as their ratings suggest receiving compensation. Likewise, you'll have players who are performing like superstars, who may be underrated and have low overall ratings, receiving no compensation at all..

I don't mean to sound rude, but the way your doing compensation right now is primitive and is completely unfair. This is basically just a sypnosis, if you want more on the topic, feel free to ask...
(10-30-2010, 02:44 PM)40/40 Wrote: Ok, I'm not gonna lie... I didn't read the previous posts... but I have somethign to air out here.

Your stuck in the 90's if your still basing compensation off ratings... Compensation should be given to those players who have performed the best in the free agent class, over a given time period. Whether it be one year, two years or three, you need to compile the stats of each player, find the average, and rank the players that way. Only the top %'s will receive compensation, but its the only "fair" way to do it.

By being stuck on ratings, your getting extremely overrated players who aren't as good as their ratings suggest receiving compensation. Likewise, you'll have players who are performing like superstars, who may be underrated and have low overall ratings, receiving no compensation at all..

I don't mean to sound rude, but the way your doing compensation right now is primitive and is completely unfair. This is basically just a sypnosis, if you want more on the topic, feel free to ask...

We don't base compensation off ratings
:min2: GM
Well we do but only for the 90's players. The rest are subject to our Elias rankings (or whatever name we have given them), to fix the very thing you are talking about 40.
No we use the rating exclusively, 90s are not automatically compensated.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
Ah yes sry Dj is right. 90's players do require the agent though.
So....are we continuing to toy with injuries?

Can we use Mike or my suggestion?

The second question isn't necessary until the first one is either yes or no. So commish Scotty or DJ - unleashing the plague again anytime soon?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »