• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offseason Re-signings suggestion
My suggestion: no sim ahead file.

Here's why it's not needed:

- If you have a player due up for free agency, you can click the "negotiate" button in that player's card to see what contract he wants

- If the player is up for arbitration, you can go to "Sortable Stats" (ctrl + R) and select "Current Contract Sought" as a column heading. This gives you an idea for what the player is looking for in arby. You can also click the "negotiate" button for that player to see his general price range as well (often these 2 numbers are identical or close to it). This is also more realistic as you have one shot to offer what you think the player will accept in arbitration

Just an idea, what you guys think?
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
Ahhh man....idk about this one. I mean yea I feel you, it would be more realistic, but simming ahead gives us a shot to see the lowest we could go in arby. I know this seems like a jackass move, but this really helps my team and teams like my team stay competitive. For me, the suggestion is 55-45 on the side of no. I would hate to lose the advantage of getting the lowest contract amount possible.
Anyone w/ the pword can and would likely sim ahead so you'd be giving the 4 admins an advantage. I like the idea b/c I don't think crap like what Tommy talked about is legit. I hate things like that in mogul. But it'd be impossible to do fairly I'd imagine.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
I mean the 4 admins can always sim ahead, so what's new?
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
(10-29-2010, 06:25 PM)dejota Wrote: Anyone w/ the pword can and would likely sim ahead so you'd be giving the 4 admins an advantage. I like the idea b/c I don't think crap like what Tommy talked about is legit. I hate things like that in mogul. But it'd be impossible to do fairly I'd imagine.

I speak the truth.
(10-29-2010, 06:30 PM)ezpkns34 Wrote: I mean the 4 admins can always sim ahead, so what's new?

Yes but when it comes to re-signings, why can't we?
What I was saying is that why would the admins sim ahead if we made this rule? I mean they don't normally sim ahead, so just don't sim ahead here either
NYY GM (2010-2017):
791-507 (.610)
4-time ALCS Champs
2014 World Series Champs
That's true Nick, if that were the rules I wouldn't have a problem not simming ahead. And I think it'd be obvious if they were getting lowest they could (and it's testable by other admins) so I'm down actually.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
Yea thats what I was wondering when I was reading the thread. I didn't understand why DJ said the 4 admins would still sim ahead to see contracts - if we made it a rule that no one could sim ahead, then we wouldn't. It would be like any other simming period where we can't sim unless we are actually doing the sim.

and Mstrpr, the whole point of this is to eliminate the advantage. I was talking to Nick about how I was finding the optimal price for Alderson, and he said how he was doing that to with his guys, but then said this is kind of like cheating.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
Either way, I think you shouldn't distort player ratings during this phase. As is, ratings barely mean anything. Season by season, they fluctuate enough to where you don't know if the player is degressing or just having a bad stretch until you examine a few years work at a time. By hiding peaks and having non-perfect scouting, your really giving GMs a big disadvantage where it normally would not make a difference.

Just my two cents.
i agree with mstrpr that we deserve offseason resigning
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »