• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati Hires GoIrish as Assistant GM
After nearly 30 years of mediocre play, Cincinnati has found help to get back on the winning track. GM JPS has hired ex-Cubs GM GoIrish as his Assistant GM and Advisor for Personnel and Development. GoIrish will be working to clean up the Reds and work out the kinks before he finds a full-time GM position with another MLB club.

With the Reds, he will be able to make changes within the organization including releases, position changes, and extensions, as all of these moves will have been discussed prior to posting. Any official personnel moves between the Reds and other organizations will need to be posted or accepted by JPS, but talks can be facilitated by GoIrish and trades or moves can be agreed upon in principle without JPS needing to be present.

In an official statement given by JPS, he said "This is a big move for the organization and we trust GoIrish and his history of success fully. We are looking forward to bringing success back to this great city as well as getting it the championships it has deserved for a long time."

He went on to say, "It takes a big man to admit his flaws and mistakes. I am proud of the progress the organization has made and the faces it's brought in, but it's time we brought in some fresh eyes."

We'll see if this change brings about success, but people here in Cincinnati seem to be happy with the move.

More to come.
I wanted to thank everyone for the kind welcoming back and I look forward to working with JPS. Some may or may not be aware of my past year and what has transpired for me. I want to give some explanation to my disappearances when I would stop by and check in and why I have been distant and reluctant in any earlier comeback. I stopped playing Mogul and a lot of stuff on-line because I was feeling tired and consistantly getting headaches and dizzy spells, I would also get some goofy numbness in my arm at times out of nowhere. I went ahead and scaled back a lot of the stuff I was doing in hopes that I could rest and relax more. Then in Feb of '13 I was in my office and I had a heart attack. After this, I had to have a surgery (angioplasty) to get rid of some of the clogging I was experiencing. After about a month off, I went back to work and then in June of '13 I had my 2nd Heart attack. This one was more minor but after this one I had to have a 2nd surgery to have a stent put in. After that, I was able to focus more on my cardio and eating habits and took some needed time off of work to keep my health in check. My biggest problem was that I was carrying a lot of bad weight. I would not watch what I ate and just ate a bunch of crap (fast food, junk food, etc). I would exercise but I still was carrying about 100+ pounds that I should not have carried. I have now dropped a lot of my weight and I am down to closer to where the doctors want me. I am now down to 225 (same weight I was at in college). I am hoping to get under 200 by the summer.

I feel that right now, I am in a much better position to be able to focus on doing things that I like once again. I want to let you all know that for the little over a year that I have been gone that you all have been missed. I also have to say that I am really impressed with the work that everyone has done to keep this league going and make it such a great league.

Sean
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »