• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the hell is this fair?
Don't think its fair to tamper with ratings so that idea is out. And CLE is defently not at fault so he's off the hook. Jordan had some sort of mixed signal which is a vaild excuse but in doing the sim he is also ultimatley responsible. Scotty should be stuck with the player, however I think he should receive half of his remaining contract in cash for the year to compensate the fact that he didn't get to contribue as a Giant the past sim. Cleveland should be compensated whatever he payed out to have Soriano sit in his minors. Soriano would have declined either way. Players don't decline for sitting in AAA for 2 weeks. It is pretty clear it was due to his age and the fact he was already declining. With all that said I think Scotty needs to stop throwing the f-bomb, calling people out and acting like everypone is out to get him. Whether its your league or not you wouldn't tolerate it if someone else did it, youd expect them if they had an issue to take it up with respect so you should do the same.
(10-23-2010, 08:03 PM)mike Wrote: Don't think its fair to tamper with ratings so that idea is out. And CLE is definitely not at fault so he's off the hook. Jordan had some sort of mixed signal which is a valid excuse but in doing the sim he is also ultimately responsible. Scotty should be stuck with the player, however I think he should receive half of his remaining contract in cash for the year to compensate the fact that he didn't get to contribute as a Giant the past sim. Cleveland should be compensated whatever he payed out to have Soriano sit in his minors. Soriano would have declined either way. Players don't decline for sitting in AAA for 2 weeks. It is pretty clear it was due to his age and the fact he was already declining. With all that said I think Scotty needs to stop throwing the f-bomb, calling people out and acting like everyone is out to get him. Whether its your league or not you wouldn't tolerate it if someone else did it, you'd expect them if they had an issue to take it up with respect so you should do the same.

Diddo.....That's no way for an admin to lose his cool.
So incase what I say matters this is what should happen.

A) No Tampering of file
B) PIT pays CLE 1 mil or whatever this month cost CLE
C) Soriano goes on SFG because it was agreed in waivers
D) Some rule should be put in place so that no one gets screwed in the future
E) 2 weeks of AAA does nothing to a player so it was either from the pre-existing injury or his age / health.
(10-23-2010, 08:57 PM)hokeyrules Wrote: So incase what I say matters this is what should happen.

A) No Tampering of file
B) PIT pays CLE 1 mil or whatever this month cost CLE
C) Soriano goes on SFG because it was agreed in waivers
D) Some rule should be put in place so that no one gets screwed in the future
E) 2 weeks of AAA does nothing to a player so it was either from the pre-existing injury or his age / health.

So, A+b+c+d+e = I'm completely screwed?
:min2: GM
whether he dropped to 78 now or a year from now you would still be as screwed, overalls don't mean everything.

its not like you had a player jump from 89 to 90 overall without any attributes changing meaning he is an agent rather than easy signing?
B) It was an admin mistake not a team/GM mistake, the cash shouldn't come from PIT but from the league.
D) Its extremely confusing right now with the new rule scotty or whoever added that all waiver transactions must be posted in the trade section. I assumed that that would be the case with this. - I wasn't going to go and check everyones waiver thread to see if there was something hiding there.

Again it's a slight drop, so whats the big fuss about.... Scotty would of had him anyways apperantly. What do you want me to do - re-sim with him on SF? He will likely just decline the same.

And DJ brings up a valid point - while reading all the posts catching up on this thread - I was tempted to close this thread for flaming.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
6 pages of this? christ!

A claim was made, a team released control of that player, a simmer made a mistake to not put it in immediately.

He should be on San Fransisco, as is, and the league should determine if any compensation can be given to adjust for the mistake, but the player should stay as is.

This should be being settled by the admins on a thread for what compensation is fair. All of this is nonsense.
This seems to be the consensus, so I'm going to make an executive decision to end this (hopefully)

-Soriano's ratings will not change, he will go to SFG.
-CLE will be compensated 1M for being on his team for one sim.
-When Scotty cuts Soriano he will only be required to pay 1/4 of the buy out to make up for the error.
-In the future ALL waiver deals must be posted as a trade but a trade not being agreed upon WILL NOT override a claim. So if this situation occurred again in the future there will be no compensation (for either team) and the player will go to the team who made the claim.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
perfect.
I think it's stupid to post the waiver deals in the trade section, we are double counting ourselfs - but I dont want them to be in each waiver thread either.

Maybe we could make a sub forum in the waivers section for these deals?

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »