:CIN: receives:

1B Chris Shephardson 92/94 $500k Arb. '43
OF Cory Whallagh 75/85 $Draft Day
2B Martin Petty 66/76 $Draft Day

:MIL: receives:

2B Nomar Cerros 69/89 $Draft Day
C Doug Jenkins 66/87 $Draft Day
SP Larry Braythwayt 63/79 $Draft Day

accept. I need the hitting to improve in order to compete and this just gets me even younger than before.
I accept. I have 3 better 2B's in my minors and Petty was just going to be cut anyway, so I just threw him into this deal, I wasn't going to keep Petty and he mess up one of my better 2B's because I have to play 2 at same level.

Whallagh has power and that's it, He's not my type of spec, plus I have a better LF spec in AAA and Whallagh was eating up time there, which wasn't a good thing.

I like Shephardson, but he's a righty 1B that will have a b-day coming up soon, likely will end peak at 92 overall anyway. Shephardson doesn't have amazing vitals for a 92 overall, and he needs to help a good team in contention now, like cinci, than rotting on a rebuilding team like mine for 4-5 years until i'm ready to compete. Shephardson isn't my type of player either. By the time I get ready to win, Shepardson probably wouldn't be half the player he is today, gotta get more youth and somehow turn this terrible franchise around.

I like what I'm getting, I'm getting a promising looking 2B (got 3 good ones now, i'm hoping at least one of them makes it, and if more makes it that's just gravy, gives me good ammunition in future). I have no catcher in my minors that has an arm and handling like jenkins. I like him a good bit, no guarantee he develops, but i'll take the chance. Braythwayt is a solid looking spec, i'll def take a chance on him.

This may be my first trade in this league since coming back, but i'm far from a noob.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »