• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tampa/CHC trade
(10-15-2010, 03:12 PM)GoIrish Wrote:
(10-15-2010, 12:56 PM)EPIC xX Fate Xx Wrote: How are you gonna back out again once you already agreed in the forums? Wouldnt that go under the being an ass rule?

To be honest, I am really uncomfortable with our agreement. I first stated that I would want one of those two players back if Price went to FA. You agreed and I posted, after I posted the trade on the forums you replied to me that I would get a "prospect" between 87-90. I started to feel uncomfortable because you went back against what I first agreed with and that was either of the prospects mentioned, you can now work the out and give me a prospect I dont want if either io them jump and have a higher ceiling than 87-90 if Price walks to FA.

Because you changed the wording in what you said, I will only agree to this trade if this stipulation is involved in the trade and approved by the trade mods.

In regards to atlbravesfan, I don't see how a trade that does not involve you or your team is any of your concern. If I or one of the trade mods wanted your insight, we would have asked for it. The league has a policy in place that only teams involved and trade mods comment in the trade threads.

Changed the wording? I said no matter what Id send you back a player between 87-90 and said dont worry well talk about it when and if the time comes. I was gonna stick to my word, intill you backed out. The chances of me dealing with you again after this are slim now. Especially if your just gonna back out of a deal.
(10-15-2010, 03:41 PM)EPIC xX Fate Xx Wrote:
(10-15-2010, 03:12 PM)GoIrish Wrote:
(10-15-2010, 12:56 PM)EPIC xX Fate Xx Wrote: How are you gonna back out again once you already agreed in the forums? Wouldnt that go under the being an ass rule?

To be honest, I am really uncomfortable with our agreement. I first stated that I would want one of those two players back if Price went to FA. You agreed and I posted, after I posted the trade on the forums you replied to me that I would get a "prospect" between 87-90. I started to feel uncomfortable because you went back against what I first agreed with and that was either of the prospects mentioned, you can now work the out and give me a prospect I dont want if either io them jump and have a higher ceiling than 87-90 if Price walks to FA.

Because you changed the wording in what you said, I will only agree to this trade if this stipulation is involved in the trade and approved by the trade mods.

In regards to atlbravesfan, I don't see how a trade that does not involve you or your team is any of your concern. If I or one of the trade mods wanted your insight, we would have asked for it. The league has a policy in place that only teams involved and trade mods comment in the trade threads.

Changed the wording? I said no matter what Id send you back a player between 87-90 and said dont worry well talk about it when and if the time comes. I was gonna stick to my word, intill you backed out. The chances of me dealing with you again after this are slim now. Especially if your just gonna back out of a deal.

You asked me which of the 3 players would I want back. I said either Morris or Gonzalez. You agreed, I posted the trade. You then said you would send back a player between 87-90 after I posted the trade. I still have the aim conversation up at my house from last night, I re-read it this AM and that is when I caught what you said after we agreed on Morris or Gonzalez. I am sorry you feel that way and I wish you the best of luck.
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
Unless I am unaware, I don't think there is a rule saying we are allowed to have special clauses in a trade like this.
:min2: GM
Okay, lots going on here.

1) I've never been a league where you were allowed to back out after a deal has been posted unless it's been vetoes, mods have changed the dynamics of the deal and presented that option to both GMs or if both GMs agreed on backing out. I've always equated posting in the forums to submitting the paperwork to the commish for approval.

2) Stang didn't know we had the rule about only mods/teams involved posting in the trade thread. We allow anyone to discuss trades in the CB or in private chat but not in the thread to avoid stirring the pot. As this thread has made evident simply making a point can be taken as a shot and that's why we don't allow it.

3) I think a big part of the being an ass rule is intent, I don't think Sean's intention was to screw anybody over or handle this deal in a shady manner so I see no reason to fine him. I think the best option would be for TBR/CHC (and potentially ARZ since he's affected too) to work out a 3rd option both teams are comfortable with. As has been previously established, the mods cannot approve "exceptions" in deals up front but if they are agreed to and carried out on the back end we can approve it (i.e. sean receiving a prospect if Price walks but we can't approve to take it into account UNTIL Price walks)

4) A big source of frustration seems to be not being able to discern whether or not Price will exercise his player option. IRL it'd be easy, just ask him and he'd tell you where he was leaning. Since we don't that have that option we're forced to work blind. This puts any team associated with Price (TBR or a trading parter) at a serious disadvantage. Since this is the case I'd ask TBR and CHC to go back to the negotiating table and finding a happy medium.

5) As a mod I cannot veto b/c somebody changes their mind especially after approving it. I have to approve the deal b/c as I said I equate it to submitting the paper work to the office. Since Sean obviously didn't view it that way and for many of the extraordinary circumstances in this deal I'd strongly encourage the two to come up with a resolution that works for both, if not it's destined to end in appointment for one of the two GMs no matter what and I know TBR and CHC like/respect each other enough to not want that.
Houston Astros - 2012/2016/2023/2025 Champs!
Cumulative Record: 1894 - 1184 (.615%)
Dejota you have a point. It depends which way you look at the trade.

In my mind only one team has agreed to this deal, and seans post backing out of it cancels his initial agreement so it is as if this trade was posted and the other team never responded to agree to it.

Though this also sets a bad precedent allowing teams to back out of trades after they are posted. Ideally i'd like any trade that is posted to be final.

[Image: PittsburghPirates.jpg] GM  2010-2017:  572-724  .441 W%
        Best Year: 2015: 86-76 (3rd NL Cent)
Yankees GM: 2019-2022ish
In the 5 seasons I have been in this league, have I ever backed out or had an issue with a trade before? I would think I am not a hard person to deal with. I made this deal with one intention and now I am understanding after I posted that is not the case. I would prefer to put this to rest and walk away now. How is that any different than why my trade with minnesota was recently veto'd?
Cubs GM 2010-2021
2017 & 2019 World Champions
LAA GM 2022-2035
2028, 2029, 2032 and 2034 World Champions
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »